Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get to pick it up tomorrow. We found this little jewell just down th road from where I work. Got it "for a song". I mainly wanted it for the engine & transmission out of it, but my wife liked the car so much she insisted we restore it back to all it's orriginal glory & drive the crap out of it! :lol:

I am really good at getting some impresive hp/tq from a diesel motor. But that is not my (main) goal with this one. I want to re-build my 3LPM HHO generator, set up the turbo with a newer much larger one that I allready have in the garage (the one I was going to put in my '94 Trooper), run it on veggie / french fry oil & see if I can make it run 0-60 in less than 9 seconds AND get 40+ mpg on road trips.
It will be repainted in orriginal MB Olive Green, Silver, or White. (Havent decided for sure yet)
This will be a basic tear down & replace what need replacing restoration through this next coming winter.
Right now as it sits: On a scale of 1 (junkyard) to 10 (showroom new) I would put it at an honest 6. NEEDS A/C fixed and new tires. Thats it for right now.

And YES, Pics coming soon. As soon as we get off our buts and go get a NEW camera because I have given up on the Kodak pos.

And yes, I STILL will buy another Isuzu when the right one comes allong.

UPDATE 07/02/2011:
PHOTOS;

ABOUT 418,894 MILES

THE UUUUUGGLY INTERIOR BEFORE WE RESTORE IT:

BUSTED TURN LAMP AND HEADLIGHT BEZEL:

DONE SO FAR:
Set valve clearance, disconected wastegate from turbo (Went from 9 psi Max to now 18 psi Max. )
Turned fuel way up and installed boost gauge. On order (Backorderd :evil: ) is a set of Monarch injector nozles, springs & shims.
Have adjusted transmission kick-down cable, chainged oil & filters and done a diesel purge with new filters.

Mechanical stuff still to do:
rebuild injectors (if the friggin nozzles will ever get here from Germany!!!)
install new timing chain
Add a new intercooler
Send fuel pump off to T.D.S. to remove the 5mm injector pump plungers and install new 7mm plungers, bearings/bushings & seals. (More fuel+more Boost=More POWER!)
Install a propane injection kit. (Allready in the works)

Then all the cosmetic restoration after I turn her into a real sleeper tire shredder! :twisted:

MORE VIDEO'S & UPDATES TO COME!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I assume there will be pics?

I've thought about getting a Merc Diesel if I ever sell the BMW.

I assume you have seen this:

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,713 Posts
Had a 350 SDL. It drove great, got about 25 mpg in town, and was a dream on the highway. But I spent more money on it in three years than I did on a Ford Windstar in 10 years. If you gave me one today, I'd have it sold by tomorrow.

But the 300 D should be a more dependable car.

Jack

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool vid Red0ktober!

I had not seen that one. looks like a whole heap of fun. I bet he is in the 200 - 225 hp range with that MB. (Factory HP for the 5 cyl Turbo Diesel was 128 )

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UPDATED 07/02/2011
SEE ORRIGINAL POST.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts