Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't tell what section this really should go in, but I tried.

Since this is a long weekend, I thought it was a good time to check out the Memphis self-service salvage yards for hard-to-find parts. Especially since LKQ is having their 50% off sale all weekend.

Pull-A-Part (from their website):
'95 Pickup - I've seen this one. Picked over, not much left. Transmission and engine gone.
Six Rodeos - '91-'97, and I didn't bother to check for Honda Passports. Rodeos seem to be a dime a dozen in the yards.
Troopers - a '92 that's been on the yard since 5/3, and a '95 that arrived on 6/22.

U-Pull-It:
They track their inventory, but they don't publish it. I called, and they currently have NO Isuzu vehicles at all. :(

LKQ:
They can't tell you what they have at all. I walked the entire lot, and then only thing that was remotely interesting (to me) was a '94 Amigo with some minor rear end damage. I suspect it had a serious mechanical issue, since there was no severe collision damage. It was a 2wd 5-speed with (I assume) a 2.6, because it had a hydraulic clutch. Interior was pretty much trashed. Not much there. They had a few Rodeos and Passports, but they're everywhere.

So if anybody was planning a salvage expedition, there's not much out there.

Jack

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks much for the update. Went yesterday & one of the Troopers is a 96 LS, w/ 2 apparently good spoke rims w/ caps, decent seats & dash, good grille, & engine block remaining. All I got was the luggage rack, cause I couldn't get the steering wheel off to get the wiper switch.

·
Registered
166 Posts
went to lkq and found the amigo, a few rodeo's, and a trooper that i pulled my new calipers off of. :) it was a 1994...

it was a fun weekend. i had saturday at the yard and paintball today. and fireworks tongiht, so it has been a really good weekend. :D

dunlap

·
Registered
166 Posts
haha. i went to the fire work store out by the paintball field there at canada rd. and 40east.

let me know next time you hit one of the yards. 901 240 1420

dunlap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts