Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I miss the thread where everyone talked about what they did over the weekend?

One way or the other, here is my weekend trip report.

The wife, the two dogs and I did a shake down camping run with the trooper. The shakedown was for us, our camp gear and the trooper. Everyone did fine. During the 500+ mile trip the trooper rolled over 200k miles and ran like a top. The only minor hiccup was that the pipe plug that I used to do the EGR delete came loose again.

(Side track: I think I may just put the damned EGR back on. The delete was supposed to simplify, but in reality it has become a bit of pain, because the damned pipe plugs dont stay tight in the ex. manifold.)

Our trip took us through some of the high plains in eastern Oregon via the John Day River Canyon, Fossil National Monument, the Deschutes Valley and then back home via Santiam Pass. We spent as much time as possible on dirt roads -the remoter the better.

Camp First Night -

Camp Second Night: (those are the only two trees to be seen for quite a distance out there)

Kitchen:

My crew:

The Oregon High Plains / Desert

More here

So, what did you all do over the weekend?

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Looks like a great time! My report is I worked all weekend helping my brother in law pack up his late moms house and send it all to Florida. Its wierd seeing a house completly empty. She had lived in that house for 60 years. But she was 95 and ready to go see her friends. I am headed for the hills this weekend in the same kind of country except it's Northeastern Nevada. ( in the land yacht )

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
i've got all you guys beat in terms of fun, i got arrested in times square for carrying a pocket knife!!!! long story short, i went to work friday, as always i have my knife on me, my girlfriend wanted to go to the city on saturday, my work pants were still clean so i put them on and off we go, walked all day went to see the ships, on my way to grand central, i feel a tap on my shoulder looked over to my right a lady cop is standing there, she starts asking questions like"sir do you live in the city?" when i was about to reply i feel a hand going in my left pocket, so i reacted another female officer was trying to remove the knife from my pocket and got hit with an elbow to the face, six more new york 's finest show up, cuff me, take me to the trailer on times square and after two hours i've got all squared away with an sargent, showed him my 1173, and he let me go home and i got to keep my knife too, he also agreed with me that the rookie officer had no business going into my pocket without my consent, all in all it was fun.

·
Registered
239 Posts
tonnydoodles said:
i've got all you guys beat in terms of fun, i got arrested in times square for carrying a pocket knife!!!! long story short, i went to work friday, as always i have my knife on me, my girlfriend wanted to go to the city on saturday, my work pants were still clean so i put them on and off we go, walked all day went to see the ships, on my way to grand central, i feel a tap on my shoulder looked over to my right a lady cop is standing there, she starts asking questions like"sir do you live in the city?" when i was about to reply i feel a hand going in my left pocket, so i reacted another female officer was trying to remove the knife from my pocket and got hit with an elbow to the face, six more new york 's finest show up, cuff me, take me to the trailer on times square and after two hours i've got all squared away with an sargent, showed him my 1173, and he let me go home and i got to keep my knife too, he also agreed with me that the rookie officer had no business going into my pocket without my consent, all in all it was fun.
My friends band just played time square this last weekend! Maybe you guys heard about it?

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
The color saturation and composition on that last picture is phenomenal. Looks like fun. Perfect use for a trooper.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
chuffer said:
PolarStar said:
Er. Oops, I guess I missed that.

Anyone else go for a trail ride, camping, work on their rides?

Tonnydoodles, what the hell kind of "pocket knife" were you carrying? Or has the police state finally arrived?
just a regular pocket knife, is a kershaw model ososweet, nothing special, i think police state is here to stay, nypd is very lack on their requirements for new recruits, i've seen cops in new york that could barely speak english believe it or not.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Chuffer, Sounds like a great trip! Thanks for sharing. I was on the same trip as Polarstar.

As for the NY thing that crap gives me the creeps. Another reason to stay the hell away from NYC. I've been carrying a pocket knife since I was 6 and always will. Heaven help the fool that puts a hand in my pocket without an invitation. Welcome to US SR of Nazi Germany.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
squatch said:
Chuffer, Sounds like a great trip! Thanks for sharing. I was on the same trip as Polarstar.

As for the NY thing that crap gives me the creeps. Another reason to stay the hell away from NYC. I've been carrying a pocket knife since I was 6 and always will. Heaven help the fool that puts a hand in my pocket without an invitation. Welcome to US SR of Nazi Germany.
I used to live in Richmond, VA. I never saw a single trooper. Kinda surprised to see all of the Richmonders on that trip / in that thread.

As for the NYC thing, having grown up in upstate NY, I have some fond memories of visiting "the City." Sadly, these days I have zero interest in setting foot inside the 5 boroughs.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
i only go there for work, but last week was fleet week so i figure i'll go see the ships, i hate the place with a passion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.