Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally gave in and bought a new isuzu. I bought this puppy. All in all in superb shape. I know most people will wonder what I will do to it, and what I want to do it in the future I will keep a secret. But in the next 1-2 years only the following will be done as I need to pay it off, and finish school.

oil changes to help with the oil burning problem, though honestly, I'm not sure how much it burns yet since I havn't driven it enough

change the transmission oil

change the rear diff fluid.

change the transfer case oil

Finish getting my front aussie in.

Change spark plugs.

I already put my rainx wipers on.

Clean the inside, remove the carpet, and probably go with either vinyl or paint it with something like bed liner.

As you can see it's mostly just maintenance stuff.

I have a couple of more interesting things which are:

lift it 2" just because I already have the pucks.

maybe change the shocks.

install HIDs

putting a bull bar on it is something that would be nice if I can find one reasonable priced.

I will also have to get rid of the ugly pin stripes.

Can someone tell me if oil pressure below 85 is normal? I never go past 85 even if I'm at 3-4k rpm. At idle it's slightly over 0. The oil pressure gauge is driving me nuts!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Congrats on the Trooper!! Gotta show it off now though!

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Sweet, The oil pressure is probably the sending unit going up. Mine did.
Didn't realize you bought that truck. Cool beans. If you install the locker you'll want manual hubs on that truck. Don't pull the carpet unless it's nasty. That's a nice ride. Get some husky floor liners instead.
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
squatch said:
Sweet, The oil pressure is probably the sending unit going up. Mine did.
Didn't realize you bought that truck. Cool beans. If you install the locker you'll want manual hubs on that truck. Don't pull the carpet unless it's nasty. That's a nice ride. Get some husky floor liners instead.
Congrats!
ya, im hoping to get a set of super winches.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
So the word on the street is that you liked my Trooper SOOOOO much that you had to go find a clone of it... :lol:

Just kidding.

Congrats on the new ride! We need pics!! As for your plans I will throw my two cents into the ring.

1. Manual hubs... Locker or not just do it. You will pick up .5-1.0 mpg and also save wear and tear on your front axle.
2. Keep the carpet unless it stinks. Throw in a set of floor mats and call it done.
3. It may be time to start thinking about new shocks anyway if the stockers are still in there. If you add the pucks then look into a slightly longer shock so you don't droop out and hang on the shock. It can pinch or tear the seals when this happens causing premature failure.

Good Luck and look forward to seeing you at the next outing!!

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So much too do... I can finally understand how many of you guys have issues with lack of time.

I finally changed the oil and filter. The power steering fluid and clutch fluid are straight up black, but I plan on bleeding the brakes and the clutch today in my friends garage while the hurricane passes. Here's a small project I did a few days ago.

These seats do sit a bit higher than the stock ones. My friends call it bus seats because apparently bus driver seats sit high and you can well see the front.

The joys of driving a 5 speed Isuzu. :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
5 speed AND leather seats...that's going to be one nice Zu! Pardon, it's already nice :D

·
Registered
645 Posts
what did you get the seats out of?

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rodeo LSE.

·
Registered
645 Posts
everything bolt up perfect?

·
Registered
546 Posts
If you look at the above pictures, it looks like he had to do a little work to the seat brackets.

Have a thread showing the rest of the trooper?

·
Registered
645 Posts
ImpulseRocket89 said:
If you look at the above pictures, it looks like he had to do a little work to the seat brackets.

Have a thread showing the rest of the trooper?
I totally passed over that other picture! :cyclopsani:

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just wanted to explain that those are not holes in my welding.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so it seems like I've lost one of my HID projectors which is making me depressed since I paid 160 bucks for the pair. Sigh... but life goes on I suppose so this is going to wait.

But today I dropped the front assembly to install my locker and manual hubs and if you've done this, you know you're dealing with ball joints and tie rods. Let me say, they were all in a poor condition so new ball joints and tie rods are on their way! :D Fortunately my friend is cool with this and is okay with my project taking a few days rather than our 1 day agreement. It saves me a lot of hassle with doing this twice. But it shouldnt take too long for them to arrive from FL even with ground shipping.

I've noticed the trooper has a lot of body roll compared to the rodeo. I wonder if the ball joints play a roll in this or not. My suspension knowledge isn't that good, but either way I think new sway bars is something I'm going to do, but im going to do the ball joints first and then re-evaluate whether I want the sway bars or not. Going by the "change 1 variable at a time" rule here. This is all pretty exciting despite dealing with 10 year old ball joints that did not want to come out.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
The body roll is just Trooper. It's normal on both gens. Camini HD swaybars front and rear make a huge difference. HD torsions also help a lot. I've both on mine. The way we were driving when you rode with me at GW it would have felt like a phone booth ready to fall over on those turns without them. Glad you got hooked up with a place to swap in your locker.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Try new sway bar bushings first. They make a big difference for a lot less money.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Med!c said:
so it seems like I've lost one of my HID projectors which is making me depressed since I paid 160 bucks for the pair. Sigh... but life goes on I suppose so this is going to wait.
What kind did you get, and where did you get them from? Are they going in the stock housings? So many questions! :lol:

I ask because I'm thinking about doing that to mine, I feel guilty about my HIDs in the stock housings...

1 - 20 of 100 Posts