Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got word from my Mother N Law about the rusty framed pickup. My Father N Law took it in for minor surgery but due to complications, it has been rushed in for emergency back surgery, apparently it has taken a turn for the worst. He and his drinking buddy / wood cutting buddy took the bed off to beef up the frame and backed the truck in the garage. It literally fell in two on the garage floor. :lol: :lol: I asked them to take some pictures. The plan is to rebuild with tube steel and stick on a flat bed.

Here are a few pictures:

Upon purchase. ( I paid a whopping $405.00 for it about 6 years ago. V6 5 speed with only around 60,000 miles)

Added painted snow flakes with mud terrain tires and Amigo fenders:

Painted it Massey Ferguson Grey, rattle can:

Had big plans but frame was in bad shape:

Truck was getting lighter by the month:

Next to diesel:

Next to Rodeo:

Took it up to The Badlands to beat around, then took it to serve out the rest of it's life on my Mother N law's farm. My Father N Law and his buddy use it to haul wood, lots of wood! So far they have been extremely impressed with the "son of a buck" (as my father N law calls it). They apparently load it up with woods and drive it everywhere. Through ditches , back to the river, up hills down hills, everything! Exhaust fell off too! Just try to imagine two Grumpy Old old men with chainsaws and beer hammering this truck through the woods with no exhaust. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Badlands run! One of the brake lines broke in two so I had to keep adding brake fluid.

Frame was allowing lots of extra flex. :shock: So much so, I could climb "the wall" unlocked. Truck literally conformed to the terrain......

Evidence of it's wood hauling, the custom bumper is my Father N Laws handy work. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I asked my mother N law to take some pictures. Will post up when I get a copy.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Well, enjoy the locker anyway... :blackeye:

Dang, the RS frame looks wonderful compared to that one.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was the plan. Re-gear and lock it up. Oh well, it will live on though. As a doner vehicle or with a newly fabricated frame. :D The locker will have a use one way or another! :twisted:

·
Registered
337 Posts
WOW!!!

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, quick update in this truck. They patched it back together and it's still serving as wood hauler. It sags a little but has a fresh primer paint job! Fires right up every time!

I tested my Father N Law's welds last time I was there. :lol: :lol: :lol: It passed! Good old Truck! :D Should get a few more years out of it.

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j113/ ... EO0001.mp4

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
cant beat a good old truck! Im surprised the frame didnt snap when you were flexing

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had to find this post for The Photo Challenge thread. This truck is still serving duty as woods hauler. The frame is patched with scrap metal and the bed is now bolted to the cab. No exhaust and it hasn't been out of 4 low in years! Took my wife for a ride in it last time we went to her dad's farm. She wasn't too impressed. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts