Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 535 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just got done doing a bunch of work on my 2003 Clipper blue Rodeo. I have only had it a month and put close to a 1000 miles on it already and love it so far. I bought it bone stock with 49k miles on it for $6800 and I immediately wanted to start modifying it to my liking, so here it is!

Mods are in my signature at the bottom of this post. I really need to get some better pics but these are it for now. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. That's actually just one of the Ebay light bars, I did have to fab up my own mounting brackets though since the holes that are in the bar made for fogs is way to close to the bumper to fit anything. So I made some brackets to extend them outwards so they would fit. It all turned out well though!

I also just did a bed liner spray on all of the wheel wells, and plastidip sprayed the mud flaps so they look new again. :D

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I love the color!! is not factory is it?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, it actually is the factory OEM color, Clipper Blue Metallic. It looks absoluetly awesome in person when you can see the metallic in it and such, I couldnt be happier with it.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Few new ones..

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks man. A couple more I just took..

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Nice truck.....you live in the toolies of Kansas don't you?

You guys get a lot of wind or snow?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. Yeah I live in the very Southwest corner of Kansas, the Oklahoma state line is literally like 2 miles from my house. We do have light winds almost every day, then of course there are some days that are super windy, but that doesnt happen often. The past couple of years we havent gotten as much snow fall as we use to get it seems like. We probably get an average of about 18-20" per year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I really like the safari bar...pity we cant get those down here. I might have to ask around about a custom made job instead.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, yeah if you can't find anyone to ship one to you, just bring a few pics to a shop and see if they can fab one up for you. That would probably be your best bet.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Repainted the front bumper and grill myself. I bought a sprayfine HVLP turbine system with a gravity fed gun and it's an awesome product. Here is a pic of my bumper before the clear coat, you can see the grill in the background. Came out pretty good considering this was the first time ever using a spray gun like that. I also got some 15" Pro Comp Rock Crawler wheels with some 32" AT's on order, and i'll be putting on my 2" coil spacers here in a week or so to have a total of a 4" lift. I'll post up some new pics as soon as I get everything done. Stay tuned!

Before Clear Coat

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks. The wheels and everything have been shipped out, so i'll hopefully have them at the end of this week. If everything goes as planned i'll have everything done including the new lift and wheels this weekend. :D

Bumper and grill...

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A few goodies waiting to go on, i'm currently waiting on my bent upper link (or upper trailing arms) from Calmini and i'll be ready to put everything on. The wheels are 15" Pro Comp Rock Crawlers with 32x11.5" Pro Comp A/T's. The shocks came with red boots and I wanted blue, so I went ahead and got some blue boots from Independent4x too.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hope you get these on soon, looking forward to seeing it. And good job on being patient with the boot colors, I wasn't and kept them red, wish I had held out and bought some that were black.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah I can't wait to get it all on. I've been very tempted to just install everything and do the upper links when I get them, but I know I would probably regret it if I smashed my gas tank with the stock upper link, so i'm going to wait to do it all right the first time. If I don't get a tracking number from them by Monday i'll call and see what the status is.

Also around Christmas time i'm hoping to get some 4.56 gears :D

Edit: Good news, I got a tracking number from Calmini for my upper links and will be here Thursday!

1 - 20 of 535 Posts