Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
I have a 98 Amigo and I'm running 285/75 16's right now and I get rubbing when I turn with out even hitting a bump. On Monday I'm taking it in to an autobody place in town and for $80 a side they are going to push the whole tire well back to eliminate any rubbing. They are also going to use a heat gun and bend the stock fender flares so that it doesn't look ghetto and retains a stock look. After the modifications are done then they are going to put some paint so that there isn't going to be a problem with rusting in the future.

Rubbing would also depend if you have aftermarket wheels with a different offset. On mine right now I'm still using the stock rims but I'm having the fender well cut enough so that I can run a different offset rim. I also have a 3" lift. Hope that helps.

· Registered
7 Posts
I had a problem with the size of the tire being too high and it rubbing inside the tire well. I believe a 265/75/16 is the biggest you can fit in an amigo or rodeo with stock tires and not having a lift. You will still experience some minor rubbing though during cornering.

285/75/16 requires at least a 3" lift and some trimming in the tire well. This is also using the stock 16" rims.

My question would be if it's possible to fit a 315/75/16 tire and if anyone has done that. I would guess that it would take a 16 X 10 rim and would require some major trimming on the fender and tire well and possibly a body lift.

I checked into getting wheel spacers but that would require even more fender trimming than what I have planned for right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.