Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"I wish we lived in the day that I could challenge you to a duel."

Democratic Senator, and Republican keynote speaker Zell Miller to uber-liberal MSNBC host Chris Matthews.

If you haven't seen DEMOCRATIC Senator Miller's speech, and his exchange with Matthews, you're missing out.

Check it out here:

http://www.dailyrecycler.com/blog/2004/ ... ormer.html

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Oh yes, I missed the first minute or so, but I saw the rest. Awesome delivery - very powerful. Comparing him to John Kerry? Well, there is no comparison. Miller is a rather low-key player though, not like many other Dems who can't resist a camera so they can spout their 'talking points'.

As I mentioned in another blog, I can just imagine Kerry pulling his hair out during Miller's speech :lol:

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
No!

I heard about the interview, but when I first went to dailyrecycler.com they only had the vid of the speech.

I just watched the interview, and what a disaster. I'm suprised Miller stayed with it. The middle part of the interview as a mess for sure, but Matthews' producer must have put the muzzle on him because the last half was fairly productive.

But, after listening to Matthews' line of questioning where he was challening Miller, with quite absurd questions, diminishes my respect for Matthews even more (not that I had much to begin with for him :roll: )

Matthews is on at the same time as O'Reilly so I often surf between the two.

What I took away from the interview is that Miller and Daschle are clearly at odds over the Democratic leadership of the Senate - may be a real in-house battle brewing there.

I was very impressed that Miller does not mince words and is not brainwashed by those stupid 'talking points' the parties spoonfeed to the public and media.

Cheers,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.