Isuzu SUV Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Cronk said:
Turned out great.
Thank you. Since the last post we added the retractable power cord and that is about it. I am still trying to figure out the most cost effective way to run air lines. I am not 100% sold on those pre-made air kits yet. But I need to decide fast because I am running out of projects out there and I would like to have the air handy again. Right now we have the retractable reel sitting on the ground near the compressor and it's a pain to work with. :(

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I used rapidair in my garage and it has been awesome. Installation was easy and you can geek out as much as you want as far as doing a clean install. Mine was quick and dirty, but very functional. I haven't had any issues.

I plan on putting the same thing, but much larger set up in my new house. I will put air outlets all over the basement and outside the rear garage door. Additionally, I can get through a crawl space to the daily garage on the main level, so I plan on running a line up there for tire filling and airing up bikes. The stuff is so easy to use, why not?

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/ ... _200484023

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have been looking the rapid air. The 1/2" line kit. And almost pulled the trigger on it. It seems like they don't give you everything you need though. Glad you like it though - This gives me more confidence in using the product.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Yeah, in my current set up at the old house, the simple 1/2 kit sufficed. I only had it ran from the compressor to the reel next to the garage doors and one other outlet near that. It was simple. For my new house, I plan on really going all out and putting in 4 or 5 different stations. It will definitely exceed the kit.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts