Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Find you a good used set of Aisins. They'll bolt right on.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
manuel sells tacos and burritos, he doesn't deal in car parts

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Funny, but bad lol.

I think manual hubs can be put on a TOD rig, but there is a catch. I don't remember what it is, my rigs aren't new enough so I didn't pay attention the last time manual hubs & TOD came up.

~psguardian

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
i have them in my 99 with tod, and you right there is a catch, if you put the truck in 4x4 without engaging the hubs, you'll scramble the tod computer, it makes it think that the front wheels are sliping, i did that a couple times.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
tonnydoodles said:
i have them in my 99 with tod, and you right there is a catch, if you put the truck in 4x4 without engaging the hubs, you'll scramble the tod computer, it makes it think that the front wheels are sliping, i did that a couple times.
One of the best things about manual hubs is 2lo, does this scrambling of the TOD computer put you in any kind of limp mode, or refusal to shift the tcase?

~psguardian

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
the truck moves, but barely,the best way i can explain is trying to take off in third gear, the times it happened to me, after i locked the hubs, the check light on the tod was blinking for a while

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
So TOD + manual hubs in FREE = a bad day... That unfortunate. Atleast you can do them if you're careful about it.

~psguardian

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
So in a nutshell Tod is not going to be happy if he is picked as Manuel's secret santa, at christmas...

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Selador said:
So in a nutshell Tod is not going to be happy if he is picked as Manuel's secret santa, at christmas...
LOL.

It will be fine solong as the hubs are locked before engaging 4x4, no 2x4lo ever.

~psguardian

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
You can run 2lo with a TOD box, just not TOD 4hi.

I have accidentally put it in TOD with the hubs unlocked, and never gotten a check light. It certainly doesn't feel good for the tcase though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts