Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody worked out a 1" extension for the MUA5 shifter? This Trooper has a 1" body lift...I can reach it, but it would be nice if it was a little higher.

Failing that, what is the thread size for the shifter knob?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Did you get this resolved? If not I would be happy to make up an extension and send it to you just tell me how long. I feel I still owe every one who helped out in Moab and this is some thing I can do. DAVE

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah, every shifter extension I have seen is 3"...that would be a bit much. If it isn't much trouble to machine a 1" or thereabouts extension I would be grateful.

And I will still compensate you for it, at least a little. I couldn't have been all that helpful since I had a beer in my hand the whole time.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Moral support means a lot. About 1" it will be, good timing I just started the heater last week in the shop so I have a nice warm place to hide out. Watch for a suspicious package in the near future. DAVE

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Had a brain fart last night better send me an address . Big Sweede Somewhere USA won't work DAVE

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Hey Swede, can you do me a favor and look on your frame to see what was done with this anchor when your body lift was installed? It anchors the body to the frame underneath the rear passenger doors, you can see it in the top of this picture (thing with the hoop around a bolt).

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heh, can it wait a few days? The snow we got yesterday is supposed to melt by Thanksgiving...

Not sure I see what you are asking about in the picture either, though I can probably figure it out once I am under there.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

This is what I'm talking about. It is on the outside of the frame about halfway down the body. I just took mine off, doubt it matters since there's 12 grade 8 bolts holding the body and frame together. Whenever you get a chance just let me know, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Weird, I can see it now in the first pic...last night I had my computer in safe mode trying to eradicate a virus and I didn't see the right part of the pic with the loop...maybe I just needed to scroll over.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
outofrshell said:
Moral support means a lot. About 1" it will be, good timing I just started the heater last week in the shop so I have a nice warm place to hide out. Watch for a suspicious package in the near future. DAVE
Hey Dave, got it yesterday, installed it immediately. It is perfect, just what I needed. Thanks so much!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts