Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading how to convert my auto-locking hubs to manual locking hubs, it seems simple enough. So my question is, does my 92 rodeo actrually need manual locking hubs? The article was on the 98-02 rodeo with the shift on the fly mechnaism, mine doesnt have that... Also will i feel a power increase, and get better gas mileage?
Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
you can buy part time 4wd conversion kits here in Australia for the full time 4wd's such as the Toyota Landcruiser...... and it is supposed to give better mileage, i guess because it doesn't have to turn all the gear for the front diff. I suspect somebody would make them for your particular vehicle.

·
Registered
894 Posts
If you have autohubs then manual hubs will be more reliable, durable (less to go wrong) and more functional in some circumstances (rocking back in forth in 4wd). Then again you do have to get out of the vehicle to engage them. You will not see any mileage or power gain as you are not stopping anything from spinning in 2wd.

If you have TOD/SOTF you will stop some rotating mass from spinning in 2wd. This reduces wear and tear and gives a mileage boost (some say significant my experience is slight).

Here is an overview of the systems - http://www.planetisuzoo.com/articles.htm/80

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.