Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the Superwinch manual locking hubs and the stock center caps don't fit anymore. How can I make the necessary holes in the front center caps to clear the locking hubs ? I know I can just leave them off, but I want to try to put them back on. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
One word:

D r e m e l :lol:

I had to use mine recently to cut my exhaust pipe - tight quarters. Definitely wear safety glasses. There are 'reinforced' cutoff wheels available (but may be hard to find - got mine at Lowe's) and are the best to use. The non-reinforced wheels suck.

Cheers,

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, I was thinking more in the line of using a hole cutter, but I'm not sure how to locate the center of the circle. Dremel cut-off wheel will be hard to create a circular opening, or at least I'd think.

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Plasma cutter- alot more fun then a dremel :wink:

If you flip the center cap around, inside the back there should be a mold imperfection where they inject the metal into the mold, usually its centered and can use that. If you have the metal 89-92 Amigo caps that screw on from the back, you can find open end caps, i have 2 used ones if interested (trade you for the closed caps).
good luck
Ron

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ron,

I looked at them. There is no mark from the mold gate on the inside side. Maybe there is one behind the black plastic disc that says "Isuzu". I'll look in there. I don't think I can use the steel center caps, mine are cast aluminum.

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
AHHHH!!!!!! you have the 98-up style center caps. They are wanted by many people!!!! Alot of people sell rims on Ebay from 98-up Rodeos, 18" Vehicross rims, and such WITHOUT centercaps. I have 2 of them and need another 2 for my VX rims i got and i also have 4 NEW OEM 98 Rodeo alloys in need also and a friend with 18" VX rims in need of a set of 4...see a trend here!! and you want to cut them open.......AHHHHHHHHH!! my brain hurts now.... I thought you had the 89-94 Amigo, not the 98 , say that in your sig. Well, good luck anyway
Ron

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
i got two abused ones for 20.00, they are in OK shape, but need to be reconditioned. ive seen them go for about $60-$80 on Ebay for the set of 4. are you selling?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.