·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Madcat88/89 said:
.....1. The vacuum hose that runs underneath is missing this bolt hole:

2. One of the lines around the EGR is missing a hole:

Easily fixed with a drill and tap.

Everything else matches up nicely.

1st I LOVE the idea of adding the Impulse turbo to a 2.6L trooper! LOVE IT! I have a few clarifying questions (because I have NO turbo experience)
With the beefed up injectors will the ECU compensate for fuel needs based off of current sensors, or will there be added wiring also?
Will the oil cooler kit from the Impulse bolt-in in place of the current oil filter mount?
Could you have swapped just the Throttle Body & MAFS rather then the common chamber/TB combo? (thinking of doing this to my troop once it runs as a cheap/easy mod, cuz it looks like a great idea)

~psguardian

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Madcat88/89 said:
.....As for just swapping the TBs The old TB is oval shaped while the new one is circular.....
So the mounting surface of the TB -> common chamber is diff shape? At a glance the look to have same bolt pattern and base plate shape. I thought the MAFS side of the TB was the only size/shape diff.

~psfuardian

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Thanks for the clarification :) . After concisering my own build (2.3l head on 2.6l) I think at wot the larger TB would exceed my intake ports Max cfm, atleast under natural aspiration. Will hold off until if/when I take the Turbo plunge.

~psguardian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts