Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few weeks ago I decided to go a head and ditch the idea of a camper and build an adventure trailer. The cool thing about this is that my wife likes the idea, so I started the look for the iconic M101 NATO military trailer. With weeks wasted looking on craigs lit and the paper and I could not talk the wife in to 1500 from su plus store or internet auction. My search seemed like it was all in vain. Until last night, we went out to dinner at my friends house ad we started taking about my plans and low and behold... he has 3. So I asked, how much foim soo excited.r one? and you know what he said.... free you can have it. I'm still ina stage of awe.Thursday is when we will be going to Bliss to retrieve said trailer. Pics are on the way. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
237 Posts
cant beat free ****.... i wish i had some friends like that.... but the Adventure Trailer sounds like a solid plan man....

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Right on. Been looking for one of those in my area too.

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
You dog you! :D I have been looking for one and they are impossible to find around here that have not been eaten by rust.

pics when you get it!

cheers
-Ian

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thursday.... now I just née to find a hitch adapter.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bansil said:
:wav: :wave: WE NEED PICS :mrgreen:
Soon... lol i can't wait.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Oh man, what an awesome friend you have. Congrats man!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Right on gotta love free.

I have a friend gave ma a 78 Ford van. He had the thing forever. I used it for a week until I got a new car(it got me to school at under 10MPG), but now it's a storage shed that runs so I can't sell it, so my real truck sits with no room to be worked on LOL. Double edged sword.

Great deal, can't wait for pics.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aaah. I need to go to bed, so when i wake up i can go get this dam thing... i feel like a 9 year old kid waiting for santa to come... :bigsmurf:

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I have some poor new. The persons that was charged with the care of my t:) trailer had to go to California for health reasons. He should be back later in the week. So no trailer or pics, but soon.

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
Well, hope he is alright.

I'll be waiting!

cheers
-Ian

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imamonstertruck said:

I'll be waiting!

cheers
-Ian
Yeah, somithing about diving to fast and coming up to fast

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imamonstertruck said:

I'll be waiting!

cheers
-Ian

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
That is bad news. The diving thing. Hope he is ok. That can cause all kinds of serious problems.

Your going to love that trailer. The are perfect for 1st gen Troopers. Leave the pintle hitch on it. Some folks cut them off for a ball hitch. Real dumb. The trick with a pintle is to find one that fits the ring with just a little room to move around in turns. To much gap or a pintle/ tow ball combo hitch will be noisy. I have had good luck with a 7 ton pintle(that's a light pintle hitch) from northern tool. Just looked they don't carry that one anymore but this is a great way to go if you have a 2" receiver.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/ ... 2384_32384

You can remove the tongue and install it in either hole in the frame. This will allow you to level the trailer if it's like mine. Grease it so it rotates.

All parts are available. For lights The stock military ones are not very bright. I just replaced mine with conventional Trailer lights. They fit the holes in the stock brackets. Go LED. The stock 7 pin round pin trailer connector is the best made though. I just used new wire to that big aluminum connector with new lights. Any commercial truck place can get you a female side for the Trooper.

The stock military tire actually work great and last for years both on and of road. I bought a used set 20 years ago and just replaced them last year. Here is where to get new ones.
http://store.cokertire.com/600-16-fires ... y-ndt.html

If you need parts just look in the classifieds over on the Expedition Portal forum. Those guys love to take the axles off and put new ones on to match their Heeps and such so there are usually axles, brakes, wheels ,springs, and tires for sale.

My M416 was the best $100 I ever spent.

·
Registered
237 Posts
jeremy_worden said:
imamonstertruck said:

I'll be waiting!

cheers
-Ian
the bends suck.... gotta go sit in a decompression chamber for HOURS....

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He should be OK I'm expecting later in the week.

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
I am on the edge of my seat :D

I want one.

cheers
-Ian

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
jeremy_worden said:
Well, no wonder you want a trailer.

Don't you think it will be a bit big for a newborn ?

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
Selador said:
jeremy_worden said:
Well, no wonder you want a trailer.

Don't you think it will be a bit big for a newborn ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
that is funny

1 - 20 of 23 Posts