Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Lund visor! ...now what?

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Trooper King 
#1 ·
So today I picked up a Lund visor for my Trooper.

It came off a trooper, but the guy I bought It from said it was a universal one...that becomes a little more clear when you take a closer look at it:

Now it is only up there in the pics with some blue masking tape, it should look a bit better if fastened down. I do kinda like it.
What would you guys do? Slap it up there? Try to sell it?

Anyone have a close-up shot of what the one that was made for the troop looks like?

See less See more
#4 ·
I have one! I havent put it on because it has some minor work to be done

as you can see this one doesnt have lights...it goes from gutter to gutter the one you have seems a bit narrow but it looks good!
I wish mine had lights

#5 ·
Metal88 said:
I have one! I havent put it on because it has some minor work to be done

as you can see this one doesnt have lights...it goes from gutter to gutter the one you have seems a bit narrow but it looks good!
I wish mine had lights
Here's some cool looking ones at superbright leds.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/ ... s%2Fm3.htm

6.00 each.

Here's some that look more like what is on electricpuppyboy's visor.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/ ... s%2Fm6.htm

Still 6 bucks apiece. I'd go with the cooler looking ones in the first link.

#6 ·
I love the look of the lund visor. I thought Bart had one installed on his that he wanted to sell, I'm not sure if he has. Shoot him a pm if you want a perfect fitting one, nfpgasmask.

#7 ·
I'd sell it myself to fund other parts or mods I wanted more. There seems to be a high demand for them and they are rare. I don't get it myself. I just don't love the mid-80's big rig look.

#8 ·
Don't do it. Don't go drilling holes in a perfectly fine roof to mount a silly piece of plastic. Those visors can be noisy and will catch tree bracnhes off road. I alway felt those types of mods were for mall cruizers. Just my .02.

#9 ·
justwork said:
I love the look of the lund visor.
I like it too.

stusvend said:
I'd sell it myself to fund other parts or mods I wanted more...I don't get it myself. I just don't love the mid-80's big rig look.
I feel like I'm stuck in the 80's sometimes! I might just sell it though. Still not sure.

squatch said:
Don't go drilling holes in a perfectly fine roof to mount a silly piece of plastic.
That's the biggest thing holding me back...making holes in my ROOF!

#10 ·
electricpuppyboy said:
squatch said:
Don't go drilling holes in a perfectly fine roof to mount a silly piece of plastic.
That's the biggest thing holding me back...making holes in my ROOF!
I was going to ask if you were going to use a ton of gorilla tape to install it with.

:wink:

If I were going to put on a visor, it would have to be a full sized one like metal88's.

Not going all the way out to the sides just makes it look cheesy, like I said at first. And there is no way I would drill holes anywhere in my vehicle to put something as cheesy looking as that, on it.

#11 ·
#12 ·
#13 ·
The one made for the Trooper actually rests on the A-pillars:

I took mine off and sold it. Personally, I kinda liked it and kinda didn't. Mostly, you need to drill holes to mount it, which after I did mine, I found them to be leaky, despite gobs of RTV. Also, they are a bug trap. When I removed mine after running with it for just about 4 months, there was a cake of dead bugs under it. That, plus the water leakage means future problems in my opinion. Just my couple cents worth!

Bart

#15 ·
Ok. So I was checking the visor out this morning (to see if the lights work, they do) and I noticed a part number stamped into it. It is 19024. I looked it up and it's listed for:
Isuzu Amigo ( 1989 -1994 )
Isuzu Pickup ( 1988 -1992 )
Isuzu Rodeo ( 1991 -1998 )

It's officially for sale if anyone is interested in it .[/list]

#16 ·
No harm in putting it up to see what it looks like....And now that ya know...Put that thing as far away from your house as you can. Cause I'm sure it will draw flies... lol :puke:

#17 ·
How much you want for the visor? The main reason i like that one is i have duel snorkels going up both a pillars so since it doesnt go to the pillar it will go up against my snorkel perfect

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.