Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoorah for being on light duty. I don't know exactly what I did to hurt myself, but I started having soreness on sunday as I was working, and then woke up in my hotel to start my second half of the trip to excruciating pain the second I tried to roll out of bed and stand up. Went in to get examined today and although I didn't cause any severe back injury, such as a slipped disc etc, I appear to have sprained the ligaments and muscles on the lower right side of my back to a point where they had to give me muscle relaxers to sleep with and prescription pain meds to get through my day.

I think the worst part of it is, the muscle pain itself isnt that bad, but the inflamation is putting pressure on my sciatic nerve, and that hurts like a mo-fo.

I have never hurt my back before, and I don't even know how I did it this time. I have been working jobs like this for years (repetative heavy lifting), and I know how to lift properly. I guess I did it wrong one time and tadaa it hurt me.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Were you wearing a back brace at work when it happened? If not, time to start I guess. Hope it gets better quick though. Not something you want to grow old with that's for sure.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't wear a back brace, and for good reason. Back braces have a greater chance of causing problems than preventing them. I didn't actually hurt my back, but the muscles and ligaments on one side of my lower lumbar. The Dr. Said that it was likely caused from the repetative motions on an already weakened muscle. I had been having some soreness for a couple of weeks and had been trying to take precaution against getting hurt, but I guess it only took screwing up once to change all of that.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Not to make light of the situation, but I read your title a little quick, and I thought, "I wonder what that could be?" and I pictured this:

Then I read the post and had to re-read the title to realize you didn't put "Lumber". :lol: Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
336 Posts
That sciatic never pain can be a real PITA. I ruptured a disk in my lower back 3 years ago, and caused a bulge in another. I still deal with that sciatic pain every day but not as intense for sure after surgery and such. Hope you get better soon man, take care of that back...it sucks like hell when it give's out on ya.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
I did something like that a few years ago, yeah it truly sucks! Just a minor movement and you get that twinge. Took a while to get back to normal. I feel for you man.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, now I get to go in for an MRI. My pain hasn't improved and in some instances has gotten worst. Now the doc thinks I may have slipped a disc or compressed something. What I don't get is why they didn't do this from the start instead of saying that I can work, just dont lift nothing. I could have caused some serious freakin damage while i was "working". Stupid freaking workmans comp. BS to save money I am going to assume......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts