Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the forum pretty much. I have a 1998 rodeo my girlfriend bought while i was at work one day. It had the 2.2 in it and it had broken the timing belt. So i get home and the oiece was sitting in the drive she thought i had a engine for it. Long story short i had a 2.0 supercharge ecotec engine. So pulled the engine and looked for another, could find one locally. So i decided to do a swap. the engine i used is a 5.3 wich i might change to a 4.8 i dont know i have a few engines. I used a 4L80E transmission also intead of the 4L60E just because i had it laying around. Hope you guys enjoy this build.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, Well i just finished the tranny mount last night. So im working on the wiring today. It wont be to bad, i need to get a wiring harness today for the isuzu. I have to splice a few things on my new ecm into the fuse and relay box. And i have to strip down my ls harness because im not running any emisions on it. Also i have to get a harness adaptor to run the 4L80E to my 4L60E portion of the harness. It will be just a little time consuming but not bad at all!

·
Registered
37 Posts
blown4cylinder said:
Thank you, Well i just finished the tranny mount last night. So im working on the wiring today. It wont be to bad, i need to get a wiring harness today for the isuzu. I have to splice a few things on my new ecm into the fuse and relay box. And i have to strip down my ls harness because im not running any emisions on it. Also i have to get a harness adaptor to run the 4L80E to my 4L60E portion of the harness. It will be just a little time consuming but not bad at all!
Good to know. I would also like this to be my next project.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
might not be a problem if he lives outside of california. I know here in texas theres a majority of counties that dont do emissions or smog on any cars, just safty. So depends on where you live

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Wow, nice build!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes its a 2wd unfortunately. Its a low mile vehicle. It will be a good little grocery getter. And in illinois we have no smog inspections. I couldnt run the truck intake manifold because it hit the hood. Then i couldnt run the accesories because the alternator would hit also. So thats why i switched to car intake and accesories.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes you can put anything you want in yours, anything is possible it just time and work. And it should run pretty good, ill upgrade the rear end after i get it running and complete. I just ordered everything i needed to finish it. So it will be getting done and ill post more of it.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
blown4cylinder said:
Yes you can put anything you want in yours, anything is possible it just time and work. And it should run pretty good, ill upgrade the rear end after i get it running and complete. I just ordered everything i needed to finish it. So it will be getting done and ill post more of it.
make a vid when ur done

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Shoe horning that thing in there will probably be easier than to work on it once it's there.

Like some of the old Mustangs, 289 piece of cake to work on. Get one with the 351 C or the 428, you almost have to pull the engine to change plugs.

Looking good, I wish it was a 4wd. That's a nice engine, it's what's in my 04 Burban.

Joe

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.