Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has a 98 3.2 rodeo. He was checking voltage yesterday and it's normal 14 volts out at the battery & engine bay fuse/relay box when running. Inside at the dash board fuse's and various other wires it's around 9 volts. His stereo has been crapin out for about a week because of the low voltage. I was curious if the power goes through the brain or something ???
Any idea's ???? Anyone??

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On a side note we did a 3" body lift back when we swapped the engine and trans..
Possible yanked wires???

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
if he is getting more than 14v at the bat when running , what he should do is measure the voltage inside with engine running and everything off , check the voltage then start turning things on and see what the voltage does , also check the bat volts not running , about 12.3 volts ,then check inside with everything off then start turning things on , checking voltages , i would write down all tests.

it sounds like a IR voltage drop in the wires , a bad connection , weak fuse to me .

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thin he did that test to with it shut off. I think he even grabed jumper cables and tried adding an extra ground.
It's very weird !! He lives a ways away from me so I'm trying to help him out over the phone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts