Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
96 rodeo squeals loudly for about 1 or 2 minutes, which belt normally is the squealer ,there are three i think, thanks t.j. (new to forum)

·
Registered
327 Posts
RWRSTRKEF350 said:
96 rodeo squeals loudly for about 1 or 2 minutes, which belt normally is the squealer ,there are three i think, thanks t.j. (new to forum)
The Alternator belt is the likely culprit. Look at the voltmeter, does it seem to hang out around 12V while the belt is squealing then jump up to 14-ish when the noise stops?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
also could be an alternator bearing. happened on my rodeo, got it replaced and that was the culprit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the same problem for a while. I thought the alternator or a/c was going out - not the problem. Then I thought it was the powersteering pump. Luckily I had a leaking powersteering hose that was getting fluid on all the belts. This was a cheap fix but made it hard to diagnos. The best thing to do is start the truck and try somethings like do it with a/c on then off. if there is a difference thenit is the a/c - dont overtighten or you will be replacing a/c soon. Next try turning wheel when it is making noise if it changes your powersteering pump is bad. If none of these work either you have the same problem I had or your alternator is about to die - there goes $150+. Hopefully it is the same problem I had. If so all you need is a friend to look under the hood while the truck is running - squeling or not and turn the wheel. If it is leaking you will see it. I fixed my problem two months ago and due to the build up of fluid the squel continued until I pulled the hoses and washed with soapy water. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts