Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. so today I whent to the doctor for my shoulder. I had to get xrays. Maybe an mri
As well

But u have another problem

while watching transformers 3 at the theatre a bug bit me. Im not saying where because its embarrassing. But it stung. Its now swollen and there is a single black spot where the bite was. I didn't get to see what the bug was.

Does Anyone have any advice on what to do?

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
I'd suggest seeing a Dr., could have been a poisonous spider, eek

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill wait and see if it gets worse in color or size first. :/ I told my dad and he justlaughrd

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
if it's where I think it is I don't think I'd wait lol

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want to. But my dad has to work at like 5 in the morning :/ and I already whent to the doctor once today.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Can you drive yourself? Keep an eye on it and if it gets worse or painful then I'd go straight to the ER

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well legally no. I've done it before. If necessary I can do it. Getting drivers ed is exspensive. Its like 150 and I don't have a job. Because I don't have a license. But ill wake my dad up if it gets worse

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
If it is where i think it is. Don't mess around, go to an urgent care or something.

If it looks bad or feels worse. GO.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But I can't. It doesn't look super bad. Its not bruised looking or anything. But its noticeablely swollen.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I still think you should get it checked out. It's one thing to have a bite on your arm, but when its down south, you don't want to mess around. Or at least I wouldn't :lol:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't want to either. But now its starting to go down. So maybe it was just a bad reaction to whatever it was. I have to go to the doctors tomorrow again for the results of my xray for my shoulder. Hopefully everything is okay there. But right now as it stands I'm looking at not being able to be an athlete :/ ill ask my doctor then if its still bothering me

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Is it on your testes, sounds like a possible Black Widow spider bite. Interesting statistic is that most Black Widow bites occur in the testes/groin area, they like dark, warm smelly places.

Usually happens to backpackers when they are squatting over the cathole they just dug, and some happy little spider hops from the nearest bush up there.

·
Registered
934 Posts
just wait and see if it shrivels up and falls off... :roll:
j/k :lol:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haha that would be the life getting paid for that. Haha. You would guys would all be jealous though :p id be making bank driving a trooper and you'd be broke hahahahaa Jk

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Some of those spider venoms can literally kill the flesh (necrosis) which may explain the black area...better have it looked at as there are reports of the necrosis progressing far beyond the original bite point.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Ya that happened to a few friends of mine. One lost the back of his ankle and the bite was on his arm! The other got bit on the hand and his knee swelled up like a softball. Both were Brown Recluse bites but Black Widow's can do the same. Probably look really weird with all or part of your sack missing :lol: or worse, your ....gulp....you know

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Honestly, sounds like a tick bite. It happened to me not too long ago. A damn tick on my.. (well it rhymes with tick). It got red with a little dark dot in the middle. It itched too. Took a couple of weeks to totally go away. It was mentally disturbing but no long term ill effects. Tick bites are extremely common in that area. Like others have said though, if it gets bad, go have it checked out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts