1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Heh, definitely a project...you got that much time?

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BigSwede said:
Heh, definitely a project...you got that much time?
Not really but I am a glutton for punishment. It would honestly have to sit for a little while but the old FJ45 wagons like this one don't come up very often and the price is fair. This model is the shortest lived of all the FJ4 series as the FJ55 soon replaced this one. A rarity for sure.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
stusvend said:
(soon-to-be) wife would literally grow horns and decimate my face with fire if I brought this home but damn, I am tempted.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/2516952664.html
Careful what you wish for.

If you ask for self control, he'll put you in a lot of situations where you'll have to learn self control...

Just saying...

:wink: :D :D

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Selador said:
stusvend said:
(soon-to-be) wife would literally grow horns and decimate my face with fire if I brought this home but damn, I am tempted.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/2516952664.html
Careful what you wish for.

If you ask for self control, he'll put you in a lot of situations where you'll have to learn self control...

Just saying...

:wink: :D :D
I'm not sure if it's God testing my resolve right now or the little Japanese devil that sits on my shoulder and whispers things like, "Sure, bring home another project." or "Go ahead, dance with the fat one."

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
tell your fiancee that the truck would be a great investment, after you restore you could sell for a ton of profit, by the time you're done with it she'll fall in love with the fj and the rest is history

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tonnydoodles said:
tell your fiancee that the truck would be a great investment, after you restore you could sell for a ton of profit, by the time you're done with it she'll fall in love with the fj and the rest is history
She's actually already in love with the 40. When we bought that thing, I was looking for a small commuter on craigslist. I wanted to go look at a Mazda protege and she saw the ad for the 40 and was like, "I want to look at that one." I was like, "Who are you and what have you done to my girlfriend?! :shock: " The rest is history.

As for this 45, the big long wagon look isnt really my style with these but I feel because of the rarity, and how very few of them are ever restored, that when it was done it could be worth a pretty penny. Can't say I wouldn't fall in love with it during the process but my plan would be to sell it.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
That thing is a rare piece indeed. Probably much easier to find a pick up and they are made of unobtainium.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
def. buy it........... before you get married :mrgreen:

·
Registered
877 Posts
stusvend said:
I'm not sure if it's God testing my resolve right now or the little Japanese devil that sits on my shoulder and whispers things like, "Sure, bring home another project." or "Go ahead, dance with the fat one."
This right here is classic!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.