Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

New here, Just picked up a 1993 Isuzu Trooper. I am looking for some advice on a power window switch problem. When I bought it the power window switches were what I can only describe as loose. They just flop around with no pressure behind the switches and the windows will not roll down. Has anyone else run into this problem before? Is there a way to fix the switches without replacing them? It is the master switches on the driver side, and the only ones I have found online are around $200, and only paying $500 for the trooper itself I don't want to fork that over.

Thanks for your time!
Kantab

Registered
01 rodeo sport, not enough mods yet馃槣
I鈥檇 check out junkyards, possibly be willing to swap to manual windows.

Have you taken apart the window switch to see if the plastic in it is broken? That happened on a Subaru I had and I was able to superglue the switch back together

Registered
A junkyard certainly seems like your best bet. Do all of the window switches (drivers master switch and at each door) feel the same way w no resistance?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A junkyard certainly seems like your best bet. Do all of the window switches (drivers master switch and at each door) feel the same way w no resistance?
The passenger side feels the same, but the back 2 switches are fine. My local junkyard does not have any troopers, unfortunately. My next question would be if anyone knows if these switches came in any other isuzus. I have not been able to find anything about this online from my quick research. It seems the rodeos and even later-year troopers have different switches, but maybe the plug is the same?

Registered
The passenger side feels the same, but the back 2 switches are fine. My local junkyard does not have any troopers, unfortunately. My next question would be if anyone knows if these switches came in any other isuzus. I have not been able to find anything about this online from my quick research. It seems the rodeos and even later-year troopers have different switches, but maybe the plug is the same?
I'm reasonably sure you'll need one from a gen 2 Trooper... are you looking for both fronts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts