Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find OEM quality cats to replace the ones on my 2000 isuzu trooper model S
where can I find my cheapest new OEM replacements and how much ?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Last time i checked for a customer they where almost $3,000. I assure you that its a total waste money with OEM emission control parts. In the USA every single one is manufactured under the strictly regulated EPA emission standards & Canada fallows the same standards. A $200 aftermarket cat performes no better & no worse than $2500, $3000 or $17,000 factory Cat. More than likey its made by the same manufacture too. Each part also comes with the same warrant which is also set by the EPA. Visit you local auto parts store and purchase a direct fit replacement part, they are under $1000ish bucks. A universal fit cat are in the $250 range however, you will need to fit and weld it inplace.

·
Premium Member
2000 Honda Passport 4WD Automatic, Leather, Pioneer AVH-4200NEX w/GPS driving 400 Watt Kenwood amp
52 Posts
Depending on where you live and the emission standards would depend on what's required, I live in Texas if that means anything, when I bought Hondo it would not do better than 20 MPH and was struggling to do that, The Cats were clogged, a set of Dynaflow catalytic converters from O'Rielly's for $280 USD each, cut the old ones out, welded the new one's in. It has and passed every inspection for the last couple years, and I feel better about not putting in a piece of straight pipe,
Note: On my 2000 Passport/Rodeo there is no Cat outlet O2 sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts