Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have a dead transmission in my '94 Trooper. I think that the pump started to fail, which caused it to overheat. 3rd gear is all but gone, and 2nd gear only runs for so long before it slips beyond use.

I'll also ad that it failed 120 miles from home. We did manage to get it home (the next day) with the use of my dad's 92 Trooper and a tow dolly.

This brings me to my next question. I was able to limp it to an Auto Zone, and I went in looking for something that said "Miracle" somewhere on the can. No luck, but I did find something that claimed to be "A mechanic in a can" so I bought that. $6 later and the transmission was noticeably worse.

I'll skip some more details, but what I want to know is:

What fluid, purchased at 7-11 will work best in a transmission?
Coors? Root Beer? 7-up? Orange Juice?

I figure it will be worth the $10 to try a couple of these, just because it will give me something to do on a weekend day, and it will make me feel better about my loss too!

So, I'll suck the old fluid out, and fill the transmission with the liquid to be tested. I know that this is only a partial change, but remember, this is to somewhat simulate what I faced with what I thought might have been a half-full transmission. I'll pick the top 3 or so fluids and try each of them. What about order? Should the juice be tried before the soft-drink? Will carbonated liquids cause a geyser to come out of the dipstick tube? Is a light beer better than regular?

-Tad

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Try Lucas trans fix. I've always heard good things about their stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.