Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I want some HEADers! I've been looking on the web for s10 headers and found nothing with the threaded bung for the air injection on the right side. Except the edelbrock headrs which I can only find pictures of. Has anybody put headers on a first gen trooper with the motor options listed above, I need some direction from somebody who has already done it.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
None of the headers have the AIR bung. You really do not need it. You will pass any emissions test without AIR except a visual under hood check. However no headers actually fit a Trooper. You will have to take on the job of modifying a set to work in your Trooper.

Hedman makes a set 69370 that fits the 2.8L

·
Registered
397 Posts
Will the headers fit a Rodeo/Pickup 3.1L? Do you think it's worth doing?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Disclaimer: Do not purchase headers based on any of the information that I provide.

I have purchased a set of Headman S10 headers full length for the 4x4's. I have done a trial fit. So far, the headers look like they will clear the starter, axle and steering components. The oil filter should be relocated. Things get a bit tight between the collectors and the torsion bars. I will need to study this further. This observation was a "toss'em in there and have a look see". I haven't had the time to analyze it thoroughly.

Looks doable with minor modifications to me. Not sure when I will resume work on the trooper to update header info. HTH.

John 8)

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
If you are looking for the Edelbrock headers I am pretty sure they were discontinued some time ago. They were not very good anyway. They only worked good with their intake manifold which used different sized ports and different sized header pipes on either side of the engine in an effort to make one side make good low end torque and the other side make good top end power. It was an odd setup

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
91_troop said:
Thank you for the info... So I'm SOL :(
I wouldn't say that. You can often find someone who still has a few in stock of a part that a manufacturer has discontinued. I still think you might find one somewhere if you can track down a part number. Have you considered making a phone call to Edelbrock? I know phone calls aren't common these days, but it's worth a shot ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
The S10 4x4 headers will need modification. The passenger side will require minor massaging. The collector hits the front drive shaft. The driver's side will need a good bit more work. starter and the parking brake cable pin is in the way. After you get these worked out, it might need more fitting to get by the torsion bar.

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts