Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'd like to install a roof rack onto my car. Now I'm not looking into something like a thule, as its too damn expensive, but rather to get a factory installed roof rack from something car, in a junkyard and install it onto my car. Has anyone ever done this? I know theres a link to do this to a rodeo on this website, but would like anyones opinion for an Amigo.

·
Registered
58 Posts
look at this, has measurements, you could measure your roof and see if it would fit:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Isuzu-Rodeo-Factory-Roof-Rack_W0QQitemZ8066968624QQcategoryZ33651QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
143 Posts
atlantic said:
Hey, I'd like to install a roof rack onto my car. Now I'm not looking into something like a thule, as its too damn expensive, but rather to get a factory installed roof rack from something car, in a junkyard and install it onto my car. Has anyone ever done this? I know theres a link to do this to a rodeo on this website, but would like anyones opinion for an Amigo.
I modified my own rack, because those expensive brands don’t make it for 1st gen. Amigos

Here is what I did:
I took a the factory roof rack out of a Toyota corolla wagon :shock: at a local junkyard $10 (I couldn't find any Rodeos with a rack)

Measured and cut the rails it to fit the Amigo
Then I screwed it on the roof
Then I put a Yakima.
I know you said that, these kind of racks are too expensive, but you could also look for one on your local craigslist.com I’ve seen some good deals in it!

Here is a pic of mine

I recently bought a cargo basket, but I cant find my digital camera

Sal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts