Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a motorcycle, I rode dirt bikes for years and in high school my friends had bikes that I'd drive around on private roads but now I'd like to get a motorcycle of my own and I wanted to know if anyone might be able to add some input. My #1 problem is I do not want a starter bike, I have ridden those and they are boring but any bike that has much in the way of performance is out of my price range, I'd like to spend as little as possible. I do want a sport bike, and I have looked at a ninja 250r locally and I do weigh 250lbs but I've read the ninja 250 will move people my size no problem but I'm worried that a bike that small wont be powerful enough to be fun even after modifications. I'd love to get a late 70s bike to make into a cafe racer, I love that style of bike. Of course I could always just build something stupid like a diesel powered cafe racer style bike with a dirt tire on the bike and have some on-road/off-road monstrosity.

I got it! a C223 in a bike! haha

·
Registered
408 Posts
I can put you on a low mileage 2002 BMW R1150r...I would consider partial delivery even. I am in Birmingham.

·
Registered
934 Posts
one word:
supermoto
:thumbright:

·
Registered
237 Posts
ill sell ya my ZX11.... i love it but im a bit bigger than you and want more power.... and im not ready to turbo it...

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I just looked at a 1986 Honda Shadow the other day.. VT1100

She wants $800 for it, needs to be cleaned up but it's got 30,000 all there and probably wouldn't take much to get it running.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Depends on what you want out of a bike, and how you intend to ride it. If you grew up on dirt bikes, you might find dualsport bikes a natural progression. I've spent year and many miles on sport bikes and sport-touring bikes, but every time I'd see a forest trail, I'd hunger for the chance to explore the backwoods.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
i have 80 yamaha xs400 custom, kindof a starter bike, but im currently turning it into a cafe racer

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Sweet KLR mark, ive always wanted a street and trail

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah If I ever found a dual sport I'd be on it like white on rice. I have a friend who has a Kawasaki concours he wants gone and I might just take it off his hands, hell its a free bike. I know it'd be a project but for free it couldn't hurt.

I love that bike, maybe I could make the concours into something like that.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I enjoyed my dual sport when I was commuting to class a lot but since I have moved on to a "real" job, the dual sport hasn't been as much fun. Mine is a CRF230F converted to street legal with the Baja Designs kit. It worked well for what I needed it for, but it was always giving me trouble as a DD. And the seat hurt my ***. I'm probably going to try to sell it an look for a KLR or a V-strom or something a little more streetable. I love the stance of the dual sports, but I'd be careful about any old dual sport!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Concours is a great road bike! I had an ''86 that brought me many miles and smiles.

·
Registered
237 Posts
could come down here and buy my bike man.... its just as capable as a Connie.... and a lot faster than the Connies of yester-year

1 - 13 of 13 Posts