Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the ABS Modulator located? I want to flush my brake fluid and can't find the location of this device.

Thanks

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I figured I'd post this for others, even though I found my answer several days ago.

I checked out the wire forums and found that the bleeder fittings vanished at some point in time. Probbaly to prevent people from messing up the unit if they sucked junk into the senstive solenoids. Makes sense I guess...

In any case, my car brakes SOOOOO MUCH better now and it's only been 30K miles since a mechanic did the last "brake fluid change". They probably just changed the stuff in the reservoir. :(

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yep. It's never a good idea to bleed towards the ABS module. In fact, i've seen a few ABS modules cooked by dirty fluid contamination from a simple brake job. It really is a must to crack open a bleeder & pinch off the hose to each caliper before collapsing the piston for new pad istallation- especially on a vehicle with some years/mileage on it. Many shoddy shops neglect to do this! It's not a bad idea to exersise the bleeders every now & then, especially rust belt climates :cry: .
G/luck
Joel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts