Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in WV where there aren't any mechanics who work on Isuzus. On my last trip to MD, my rear brakes, calipers and rotors went out. I had them replaced and am now back in WV. Now I am having problems with the TOD indicator light (the rear wheels light has gone out). At times when I am driving the light will come on. I have read many posts about the TOD system but wonder if there is an easy way to figure out whether this could be a dirt problem on the sensors? I was told by one mechanic who claimed to know a little about Isuzus that if I didn't have cruise control, the sensors would need replaced?? My next trip to MD isn't scheduled until next month and I don't know if I should be driving under these conditions. I'm sure you can tell, I am not a do it yourself kind of person. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, De. :(

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Where in WV are you? I don't know too much about the TOD system but there are some people on here that should be able to help you.

The rear brakes, calipers, and rotors? What happened? I had to replace my rotors and pads because I went too long and the pads were worn all the way to the rivets and ground on the rotors.

Welcome to the Planet, I'm sure you will find we are a good group of people here.

BTW, I'm in southern WV. Good to see another WV visitor on the Planet.

Joe

·
Registered
894 Posts
The TOD speed sensors are on the TOD unit. The sensors on the wheels are for the anti-lock brakes. Thus, while the sensors at the wheels could get dirty, or messed up with the brake work that shouldn't effect the TOD.

You getting any check lights or just the dash display rear light problem? It is not uncommon for a TOD speed sensor to fail. However that usually keeps TOD from working. Maybe you have some intermittent wiring harness problem or dash display light problem???

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Sounds like a dash light problem to me. Every TOD problem that I've heard of includes flashing the check-tod light (right below the TOD indicator). You might have a loose or bad bulb.

-Tad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the quick replys. I haven't gotten any kind of TOD warning - the rear wheel lights just went out. When my brakes and calipers went, I got no warning then either. Maybe an electrical problem? What would make the rear wheel light go off and then come back on? Is this something that I can check easily on my own? Thanks, De.

LOST IN WV

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Where are you in WV? We are in SW Pennsylvania. Usually run to Morgantown to John Howards-Isuzu Dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts