Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at old Life and Post magazines from the 40's and 50's and came across an ad for the new 1969 Chevy Caprice. It of course mentioned hide-a-way headlights, headlight washers, etc. but one item caught my attention. The factory ad said "push one button to wash the headlights, push another button to apply a stream of liquid tire chains to the driven wheels to provide superior traction even on ice". Now, I've been around a heck of a long time and I've owned a boat load of vehicles over the years and don't recall ever seeing or hearing of this option. Anyone else?

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Interesting, sounds like a wind shield washer pump modified to spray deicer on the tires to aid with traction?

A buddy of mine wanted to do that with bleach so he could do a burn out easier. Ahhh, the days of growing up with low horsepower machines........

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Cronk said:
Interesting, sounds like a wind shield washer pump modified to spray deicer on the tires to aid with traction?

A buddy of mine wanted to do that with bleach so he could do a burn out easier. Ahhh, the days of growing up with low horsepower machines........
IN 1987 my 69 firebird,my friend's cars; 72 duster,64 1/5 mustang 70 cougar and 70 pontiac gt37? all had windshield washer pumps mounted in the trucks with lines thru holes drilled in fender wells full of bleach,flip switch hit brake pedal to turn on pumps and power brake til there was smoke everywhere :twisted: ....yes we were a gang...the OMG's...(Old Metal Gang) abunch of ******* hell raisers....hard to beleive hugh :wink:

we also had 2 of the "bullet" red lights mounted to the rearends of our cars so we knew who was who at night.....oh did I mention we all had CB's :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
The tree huggers would have a cow with that now a days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts