Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here up to snuff on Linux? I'm having a small issue I can't find a solution for.

I've got a Panasonic ToughBook CF-50, and am running Joli OS (JoliCloud, based on Ubuntu). The problem I am having is that audio output severely low, as if it's a line out rather than speaker. Hardware works fine in Windows XP. No matter what I change, it's still extremely low volume.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I am but I work in a RHEL 4/5 world and work on command line only day in and day out... I wish I knew more about the multimedia side and actual GUI but our servers don't have any of that.

Every ubuntu install I've done always worked fine right away.. . Have you visited any Toughbook forums or looked up that audio chipset with Linux support?

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,713 Posts
Rather than Googling for "panasonic" and "toughbook", try to identify your audio chipset and google for that with "Linux" in the same search. Others using the same chipset may have a solution, even though they have different laptops.

Jack

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been doing various searches, I finally put up this post on a few forums because I haven't been able to locate a fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts