Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone has to have experienced this too: Girlfriend annoyed because your `99 or earlier Isuzu doesn't have lighted vanity mirrors so she can't do her lipstick or make-up in the car. I saw lighted vanity mirrors from a 2000 Rodeo on eBay; would I be able to hook these up in my `99 even though it didn't come with lighted mirrors/ doesn't have the light connector? I feel like there should be some way to rig it up. Thanks!

~Alex

·
Registered
808 Posts
yup, connect the wires to a couple of 9v batterys

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, a 9v would light it up, but would also look bootleg and need replacing at some point. I was thinking more along the lines of being able to splice it into the electrical system of the truck itself. I'm just wondering if all the models are prewired identically and they just don't include lighted mirrors in the lower trim levels, in which case it'd be easy to add, or if I'd have to run a long wire and cut off the connector on the replacement visor and solder it together.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
There was an after market battery powered vanity clipped on the passenger side sun visor of my Troop when I bought it. The batteries leaked and corroded it out, so I tossed it. But you should be able to find this essential piece of gear at a large auto parts store.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.