Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i am new to the group i have a few questions if anyone can help me.
i just but a 2002 rodeo and i am looking to make it off-road worthy. it is stock as of now. my question is for general fooling, nothing extreme i.e. rock climbing, mud bogging, how high should it be lifted and the tire size that would fits the lift? i would appreciate your help. thanks JP

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i am thinking 1.5" can i get that from different springs?...comments welcome, or do i have to do a lift kit? i have heard rave reviews over the Bridgestone revos and going with the black rim theme. so far in transit i have hella lights, grille/brush guard, tailight guards, thinking about 265/70/16's ? am i correct in thinking so... to bad it will all be sitting at the house until i get back from iraq :cry: thanks JP

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
just get the next size up from stock in a mud tire and that should be enough for your purposes mentioned. you could get trooper springs or a spacer if you still want a little lift. i personally like the feeling of a lifted truck, it drives a bit better.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
am i correct in assuming that no body modifications will have to be made and by installing the 912's and spacers, adjusting the torsion bars, and adding the tires i will get my desired 1.5-2 inch lift, and that it will not affect the street worthiness? the trails in the back training areas of army posts that i am stationed on provide some fun times but this vehicle will be used on the road more than in the dirt. unfortunatley- thanks Joe and rodeoholic, always thankful for the help.

·
Registered
214 Posts
This would be purely a suspension lift. No body modifications should be needed.

If you went bigger on the tires (like 285's) you would likely need to trim the fender wells for clearance but from what I have seen here this should not be needed on your ride.

I lifted my 96 Rodeo (leaf springs not coils) with practically zero experience working on cars by myself. It was really straightforward.

Basically, if you have a floor jack, jackstands, hand tools, your parts, and optionally an impact wrench you should be able to lift it in a few hours.

Good luck and get home safe.

Nathan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.