Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to this off road and lifting thing. I have a stock 96 Rodeo and I'll been hear everybody talk about torsion bar my question is. Is it something I have to buy or is it already on the Rodeo and if I buy the shackles for the back would that be and easy way to go for a cheap lift..... Any advise is welcome......... thanks. like I said I don't know anything about this...... Troy

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have a trooper, so I don't know much about the lift shackles...
As far as torsion bar, there are already two on your car. The front suspension uses a double wishbone with torsion bar. Instead of say, a coil-over.
If you crawl under the vehicle, you will see a long round bar going from around the middle of the car to the front suspension, there will also be a large bolt at the end of it, on my trooper it is right near the cross member I think, somewhere near under where the drivers seat is. It's a big bolt (i think 1 1/16") This bolt will add pre-load with a clockwise turn or remove pre-load (counter clockwise) to the bar which in effect will raise or lower the front suspensions static ride height. You are lifting it, but you are not increasing the range of travel.
It is incredibly simple to do, I believe if you go to www.planetisuzoo.com and go to the how-to section, there is a write up.

Welcome to the forum. Search button is your friend, there is a ton of information on here.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK thanks, when I get the time I'll check it got family and friends over..

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Yup, torsion bars are there, just crank em up. And the shackles are a good way to lift the rear and fairly cheap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts