Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about lifting my honda passport. What company if any specializes in rodeo's/passports? Or is anyone selling a complete kit. Also with a #" suspension lift what size tires or stay with the stock??

·
Registered
143 Posts
Need more info:
What year passport? What is your plans after you lift? IE, hardcore offroading, slight offroading or street? And finally how much $ can you fork over (there's a cheap way and an expensive way)
Next, by all means replace those stock tires with some bigger shoes!

I just bought some new Coil/Springs from Valley Spring Works that will lift the rear of my 99 Rodeo 3 inches. I think the Trooper coils or Old Man EMU will probably lift about 1 1/2 to 2 inches but are much cheaper. The springs from Valley were $215 for the pair including the shipping. Longer shocks are also required. I went with the ProComp ES3000 which you can find for about $70 a pair.
You should be able to crank your T-bars 3" also (if it is a later 98+ model) without problems and then get it aligned.
waala......3" lift for under $300 in parts.

And if you want to go with a better-more expensive lift, check out CalMini.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a 1995.5 Honda Passport, nothing huge just slight offroading, so i guess i would have to go with the cheaper lift. I will definetly cheak those out. Its a 95 so do you think it would be ok if i turned the T bars. to get 3 in in the front? Ow Price...I'm 17 and about to graduate, so i will need to drive it daily...so...yea nothing to extreme for me. Thanx for the help

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is a great resource for this endevour.I did the same thing for my 2000 rodeo.

I want to pose a question more so for those that responded to your inquery as they are more knowledgable than myself when it comes to this matter.

I was told by both my personal mechanic and the guy I had crank the torsion bars for me(my guy was to booked to do it that day so had another guy do it, plus there was no way I would have been able to do it - they were super stuck)that there was no need to align the truck after the lift.Now, finally the question - are they right because I only did a 1.5" lift.If you do a 3" lift is that when you get into the requirement for the alignment or is it neccessary regardless of the amount of lift?

I have had my lift now for 2 months without an alignment and it still tracks straight and true, no wobbles or vibrations.I have not had it checked by a macine to see how true it is.

Just a thought as that would save you some money as well! :idea: Anybody have any insight on this?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I have had my lift now for 2 months without an alignment and it still tracks straight and true
An allignment is highly recomended. As long as you crank the t-bars equally, you should continue to track straight. You will however, ride more on the outside edge of the tire (IIRC). And you don't want to mess up the nice new, expensive, tires you put on after the lift :D .

In my opinion, if your on a budget, you can't go wrong with either Independent4x or Darlington Offroad.

I don't have much experience with 2nd gen Rodeos, but you should be able to clear 32" tires without much trouble.

HIH,
Andre

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Without much trouble means trimming a little of the inner fender and beating the body seam flat on the inside of the fender.

None of this trimming can be seen from the outside of the truck, so it won't hurt too bad to do it.

Joe

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same with my passport. Mine is a 2001 and I only wanted to go about 2" or so, is there any way to do this? I don't want to go 3", it would be unnecessary for what I would use it for. And what tire size should I put on if I keep my 16" wheels? thanks

-Garret

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
A 31x10.50 is a good tire size for the second gens. So in a metric size you could go 265/70/16.

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
i have a set of Joe's rear lift shackles (darlington off road) and cranked the torsion bars to level it out. got about 1.5" + out of it. threw on some 1st gen Amigo "snowflakes" and some 31x10.5x15s and its perfect for me. If i was to go higher, 2" body lift and maybe 32s, MAYBE. Joes parts are top notch, Better then the Calmini shackles (had both now). I wouldnt go more then 2" on the T-bars without replacing the brake lines with longer stainless steel ones. Also you have to consider the amount of adjustability in the front for alignment purposes. good luck, you found a great bunch of guys here that KNOW what they are doing
Regards
Ron

·
Registered
143 Posts
here's a great tech article from "the other guys" over at the wire all about doing a 3" lift on a late-model isuzu the inexpensive way. Good info and a great read.
http://www.4x4wire.com/isuzu/tech/amigolift/
this is where I got the suggestion on the Coils from Valley Spring Works that I mentioned above.

and lowzone - can't wait for them snowflakes :p

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Rondi- im working on it. Should be getting the truck next weekend (not this one coming up)

There are 2 sets on Ebay with 31s for over 300+shipping OUCH!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.