Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.after replacing all 4 brakes, repacking the bearings..replacing the timing belt and water pump....I'm looking at the OME stuff from Indy 4x4..I want my 94 trooper to be lifted a bit. I'm currently running 265's and need at least an 1.5 lift..maybe 3. My question is do I really need the OME shocks..are they that much better than 35.00 units? I don't really go nutz off road but want my truck to handle well. One other quick..stupid question..what's a t-bar extension and do I need it with a lift :) Thanks much

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
No such thing as tbar extension.(period) not sure what your refering too
As for shocks...well each his own...longer shocka in the rear will allow more droop(tire moving down)

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I noticed a big difference off road with my OME shocks. My old $35 units would be fine at the beginning of the trail. But after the initial drive in on the bumpy gravel road the suspension felt very mushy which is very common with cheap shocks. They just don't perform when they get hot.

When you get an OME shock next to a cheap one you will instantly notice a huge difference in the shaft quality and size and a fairly good difference in the size of the body.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Bansil said:
No such thing as tbar extension.(period) not sure what your refering too
As for shocks...well each his own...longer shocka in the rear will allow more droop(tire moving down)
Im assuming he means t(orsion)bar extention....which actually means torsion bar lift.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Yes you need it or make one.
If you don't you have a good chance or tearing rubber brakeline from frame to rearend housing.
If you look at your rearend :lol: ....you will see where the two metal brakelines from rear calipers meet in the middle,the rubber hose also attatched isn't long enough.
Take the bolt out that holds the bracket on and carefully straighten metal lines until the fitting is 3" higher at this point the bracket is used to hold fitting in place to the stock mount

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.