Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i've been hearing about this offroad playground for about 3 years now and am going on a scouting/trial mission next sunday because i heard they are open sundays from noon until whenever 5 bucks per person, kids free...

they allow atvs, dirtbikes, cars, trucks, hovercrafts, whatever your crazy enough to ride i guess...

It is at the end of "commercial boulevard" in Lexington, NC about a mile south od davidson county community college acros business 85/interstate 70/interstate 29...you can use google maps and see it from the satellite or earth view, its alot of mud and i know some monstrous trucks go there, so thats cool, my buddy said there are a few hills, smaller mud pits, and a creek to play in...i'm just going to see it and try my new tires out a bit, if anyone in the area wants to check it too or if you've ever been there, let me know, thanks !!! 8)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright everyone i didnt know this but there is a HUGE mud party tomorrow from noon til 8pm at this place, 10 guys, 5 women, children and women in bikinis enter free (small children NOT reccomended)...

there will be free riding in mud/rough terrain that ranges from stock vehicles up to holes that swallow 60+ inch tractor tires...freestlye competition with no classes, just enter and get crazy...I'll be there fo sho, were taking my trooper and our black 83 ford to stomp on it a bit...

·
Registered
676 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to make it to every event money allows, thing is, we are expecting a baby boy in february, so depends on my little ladys ability to travel as well. The lexington mud pit is okay, but i was gong through stuff in 2 wheel drive that a grand cherokee was spinning all 4 in. I can definayely say i'm impressed with the 4x4 on this thing, i tried to spin the tires in one hole and it just grabbed, i had to put her in 2 wheel to have some fun, not that climbing out of a mudhole and through deep ruts isnt fun when you do it at 5mph and watch your suspension flex, thats cool to me, just feeling your truck go forward through anything...i dont really want to swamp my ride that bad either, its fun to watch the big trucks go through huge holes and there is alot of huge ruts and stuff to flex out your suspension, but i think i like trails a bit better...nonetheless, we will prob be there every sunday becuase you can have a few beers there, they have a fire hose to wash off before you leave and its cheap and close...one guy yelled to me, "go for it, its a trooper it'll do anything", haha...a suzuki samurai with a gsxr1000 engine won the freestyle competition, only other isuzu i saw there was a honda passport and it was parked the whole time :?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Man u should have come down the street a few miles to the ECORS race for a little bit. That samauri withe the gsxer motor was there and our band of Isuzu brothern. Was a badass race try and come support us whenever you can man.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was gong to stop there saturday, ended up working most of the day, then i figured sunday morning i'd ride down, i didnt have the time though...woman needed new shoes and i was waiting on a friend who wanted to go too, so we just rolled over to lexinton and hung out a bit...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally had a minute to put some pics up, sorry about the quality and they are pretty random, but we were just driving around checking it all out and snapping pics with our phones...by the way i was the smallest truck there and not stuck ONCE !!! Only other isuzu there was a passport and it was parked the whole time, never even got it dirty...what a shame...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts