Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a less restrictive exhaust system for my 94 amigo 4wd. Does anyone make an exhaust syster that doesnt loop around all over under the truck? Thats gotta be robbin a couple horsepower. let me know what you can find. Thanks

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Most people just buy the pieces and put together their own system.

I bought a new high flow cat. conv. from Summit Racing it was a stainless steel made by Catco. for 59.99

Then I got a stainless steel flex pipe from JC Whitney for 30 bucks.

I got a Dynomax Ultra Flo Welded muffler from Summit racing as well. It was about 60 bucks.

I had all new 2.25" pipe bent and welded in for 30 bucks. He did it from the collector of my Calmini header to the tailpipe. It sounds good and I'm sure it breathes better than the factory crap.

Joe

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Not really but understand I was driving a 4 cylinder 88 Trooper with stock gearing and 33's. I felt better about it.

Joe

·
Registered
368 Posts
I did mine recently, I bought a universal converter, and an Edelbrock RPM muffler from Summit, and had all new pipe put in from the header back. They just bent it so it fit straight back. I can't really tell a power difference, but it seemed to run considerably smoother through the rpm range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.