Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...fairly new to the forum. I have a 94 rodeo with 96k and experiencing some left rear end chatter noise. This noise sometimes occurs when accelarating from a stop position and dissapears within a few seconds....the noise especially occurs when accelerating around a corner. The noise is rarely heard with normal turning or accelerating at highway speeds. Mechanic could not find anything wrong.
Could this be the slip differential and if so why does it not happen when cornering at normal speeds?
Thanks for any info

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have owned a couple of Isuzus (Rodeos and Amigos) and if it's not a u-joint or driveline problem, check the U-Bolts (that hold your axle and spring packs together). They have a tendency to work themselves loose on these vehicles (especially with a lift). Cinch them down pretty hard, but check to make sure the metal plate that the U-bolts rest on, on top of your axle is in the right place-(on top)before tightening them!. One other thing that can cause that type of behavior is a broken leaf spring pin-(bolt). This can cause the spring pack to move around, creating vibration. Hope this helps!
ToddZ

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
That noise sounds to me like the noise that is typical of a limited slip differential. They will make more noticable noise under lower speed, sharp turning, hard acceleration. You might want to try to add some LSD additive to the differential.

-Tad

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found out it was the muffler exhaust pipes rattling against the bumper...Two mechanics could not figure it out. Surprisingly my girlfriend figured it out by standing by it while I accelerate....go figure :roll:
Bent the pipes noise is gone...

Go Pats

·
Registered
558 Posts
sounds kinda like a problem i had on my 80 pickup. It would make this horible screeching noise under braking. Stated looking and was about to replace the brakes when i saw the muffle was rubbing my driveline :shock: :lol: Its so nice when its something easy :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.