Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Are you looking for an added fan like a pusher on the front of the radiator? Or a complete replacement for the engine driven fan?

IMHO the electric fans are a bit over rated. How much trouble have you had out of the stock fan setup? Are you not cooling properly, or just looking to reduce parasitic draws? I don't think the load the fan puts on the engine is very considerable. Nothing you will notice seat of the pants by any strech of the imagination.

If you are not cooling properly I'd say pull your radiator and have a shop check it. Mine was full of gunk and they cleaned it out and it's been rock solid on temp ever since.

Joe

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bigpoppax2 said:
Are you looking for an added fan like a pusher on the front of the radiator? Or a complete replacement for the engine driven fan?

IMHO the electric fans are a bit over rated. How much trouble have you had out of the stock fan setup? Are you not cooling properly, or just looking to reduce parasitic draws? I don't think the load the fan puts on the engine is very considerable. Nothing you will notice seat of the pants by any strech of the imagination.
]

Those are really good questions.
I was not looking for an add on push fan unless you guys talk me into it. First I din't think that there was room to fit one, second I am not sure how effective push fans are.
The stock set up has given me no trouble at all I am just looking for improvement.
Since you mentioned the radiator, well I want to upgrade that also, any suggestions would be welcomed

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.