Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do these generally go bad? Or should i be looking to replace my shocks, which i cant find. If both or one of the other anybody know best place to get them. I do mostly street driving but wanna go off road every know n then.

91 troop auto 4x4
2.8l v6 187,754

·
Registered
646 Posts
usually shocks go before the leaf springs and when the leaf srpings go they usually snap into 2 depending on which leaf it is and shocks there are under the truck if there factory they are black in color , the point where the leaf spring and the axle meet there is where the bottom of the shock should be alittle off to the side but in that area

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Stock leaf springs do get tired. Old Man Emu replacements would probably be an upgrade even if the truck was new. But I'd start with new shocks. All trucks need new shocks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any good web sites or known garages for best price on shocks?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
See http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=52963 , that's referring to a Rockauto.com sale, which will fit your 1991 2.8L V6 steed. Lots of folks here have positive comments on the Monroe Sensa Trac units, even for offroad use!

Hope this helps,

GB :)

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Leaf springs rarely break although they do sag with age. Two things to look for:

1. Make sure the pins are keeping the leaves aligned.
2. Sometimes the eyes at the end of the springs go out of round introducing some play in the suspension.

Also your bushings are probably shot. Old, worn bushings really hurt handling. Mine were so worn that they had melted and fused into the eyes. I had to use heat to get them out.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.