Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for purely research sake at the different options for increasing payload capacity on our vehicles. Obviously the best is to go with OME springs. After that it seems to go with an add a leaf. But I was on a Titan forum the other day and everyone was raving out the Leaf Spring Helpers from Superior. These ones to exact:
http://www.amazon.com/Superior-11-1020- ... sim_auto_1
They bolt on the leaf in the front I believe and supposedly some people have gotten a very slight (less than .5 inch) of lift but they say the rear shudders less (on Titans), no vibes, and a stiffer or more enjoyable ride quality. Also the rear sags less when loaded since its basically an extra half leaf. I would highly doubt it would give you an increase of 1500 pounds though like they claim.
So I am doubting it ability just because you know what they say, too good to be true it probably is. Anyone have any personal experience with these? Seen them in use before? Reviews? at 30 bucks for a set someone should try them out and give a review on here for those who cant swing OME springs :)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one has any comments? Think I might take one for the team and try them to post a review...

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Ian1006 said:
No one has any comments? Think I might take one for the team and try them to post a review...
They have helped on two different vehicles that I have owned.

Don't do much for 'droop'. You need new shackles or springs, etc, for that.

But they certainly helped to solidify the ride, and keep it from getting so close to the bump stops when loaded down.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Were they harsh or too stiff? What brand did you use? And finally did they lift it at all or just keep it at ride height?

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Ian1006 said:
Were they harsh or too stiff? What brand did you use? And finally did they lift it at all or just keep it at ride height?
I put on lift shackles, to bring the rear up to the right height. (93 jimmy)

Then put on the helper springs.

Without the helper springs, it was already starting to sag a bit again.

With the helper springs, no more sag. And the ride is just about perfect. Not too harsh. Not too soft.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts