Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every year on Memorial Day weekend a friend hosts a 3 day/camp ride in the Desoto National Forest in Laurel, MS. It's a great place to wheel, camp, take your kids for a hike on a nice afternoon, overall beautiful place.

Well everything was going good, the Rodeo never gave me a problems, but I get a phone call from my wife telling me her uncle passed away in his sleep. Her aunt tried to wake him up and found him dead. Very sad.

Anyway the rest of the guys are still out there living up the trails and taking some good pics.

Here are my pics.

Chicken Alfredo was amazing!

Im uploading more

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Zack sliced his tire open on a log and luckily my spare was the size he needed. I knew it would come in handy one day. :wink:

Bet you can't guess what made those ruts :lol:

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Looks like alot of fun. Did you even need to use 4WD? And wheres the story at?? :D :lol:

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dae said:
Looks like alot of fun. Did you even need to use 4WD? And wheres the story at?? :D :lol:
Whoops forgot. I got irritated with my computer cause it kept kicking me off the internet right in the middle of the uploads. :evil:

Yeah I used 4WD a few times. Each log crossing we had to do I had to lock in, but remember my driver cv clanks because the axle shaft cup is too big for it, so after each log jump I unlocked just the driver hub and kept the passenger side locked. There wasn't much mud, a few little holes but nothing too bad, in the pic with the deep ruts that was the worst spot of the whole trip. Me and the white Nissan were the only ones to make it, as you can see the jeeps winched and the TRD was pulled out by me. :wink:

Now for the short story.

One of the guys in the Jeeps said the Rodeo is the only one that's going to have trouble going over the log. I just laughed and said watch this. Dropped in 4LO and walked right over without spinning a tire. This was a pretty big log, im actually surprised my t-bars didn't get hit. Well here comes the jeep....... :lol: ........doesn't make it. I didn't say anything to him, I wanted it to linger around in his head for a little while.

The Jeep guys were cool, they weren't like your average hot head that thinks jeeps are the best thing since sliced bread. The guy in the white jeep wouldn't stop talking about the Rodeo, he was loving it. :wink:

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it was a blast. They had a night run planned tonight but i doubt it'll happen because the tacoma is still running on my spare, lol.

I agree, the rodeo is trail worthy now. It's funny because before now I was always the one getting stuck and holding everybody up. Now im the only one making it. :lol:

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks johnnie.

Yeah hattiesburg is only about 15-20 minutes away from Laurel.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Looks good man, glad the Rodeo showed it's stuff! Your truck looks better dirty anyways :)

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My GPS took me a different way on the way home and ummm....yeah....let's just say i was in the wrong part of town. Haha, a jacked up truck covered in mud didn't need to be driving through there.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
At least it was black, make it hard to see at night riding through, less likely to draw attention.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh no, it was broad daylight.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
ah gotcha.....:lol:

·
Registered
392 Posts
i just passed by desoto forest yesterday afternoon!

nice pics, we had to take the backroads from mobile to picayune due to my trooper having a wobbly tire, so we passed throught lucedale and wiggins.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cool. You oughta come to mississippi-mud and introduce yourself. We need some more Isuzu's on the board.

The expedition ride is only once a year, but they have several one-day easy rides a year. Check out the site.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's a quick video and another pic.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
These are from my other board, more coming later.

·
Registered
392 Posts
black98Rodeo said:
Cool. You oughta come to mississippi-mud and introduce yourself. We need some more Isuzu's on the board.

The expedition ride is only once a year, but they have several one-day easy rides a year. Check out the site.
Will do. I live in carriere, which is right before you get to picayune.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.