41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Tad, site is not working,repair or delete it :?:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Help with what? Post a question in the most relevant forum section and folks will try to help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought, via auction, a 1996 Isuzu Trooper, 4WD, manual, V6. Its got 160K miles on it. Ive got no history on the car. Im in CA and its never been registered here so the first task has been to get smogged CA license plate ready.

By the time I pick it up from the mechanic tomorrow, I will have:
put new tires on it
put new brakes on it
changed the timing belt because who knows when that was done
changed the drive belts, fluids, and oil filter
put in a new battery and alternerator

Ive got put a new windshield in it the current one is cracked and then the repair/replace/add on options start to get more discretionary, I think. Anything else you all think I should do as a part of the first round of maintenance?

This car is going to be a weekend camping car, off road to get to fishing spots but nothing to strenuous. The occasional city driving as a back-up to our Subaru. I appreciate any suggestions and advice.

thanks,
:mw

·
Registered
60 Posts
Warnerwrini said:
I just bought, via auction, a 1996 Isuzu Trooper, 4WD, manual, V6 .

It has got 160K miles on it . I have got no history on the car .

I am in CA and it has never been registered here
so the first task has been to get smogged
CA license plate ready .

By the time I pick it up from the mechanic tomorrow, I will have:
put new tires on it
put new brakes on it
changed the timing belt
because who knows when that was done ?
changed the drive belts, fluids, and oil filter
put in a new battery and alternator .

I have got put a new windshield in it the current one is cracked
and then the repair / replace / add on options
start to get more discretionary , I think .

Anything else you all think I should do
as a part of the first round of maintenance ?

This car is going to be a weekend camping car,
off road to get to fishing spots but nothing to strenuous .

The occasional city driving
as a backup to our Subaru .

I appreciate any suggestions and advice .

Thanks ,
:mw
Our youngest took our 1996 to Washington with him ~ California did not want to smog it here for us *

[BBvideo 560,340:2masoyqc]https://www.instagram.com/p/BsGbeUcHb2v/[/BBvideo]

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,744 Posts
freedomringer1776 said:
What kind of engine oil should I use in my 95 rodeo 3.2 v6 with 188k miles. Also leaks oil, coolant and transmission fluid. Any helpful hints on where to find the source of the leaks? I know it is a common issue.
Welcome aboard. I can't answer your questions, but i can offer a tip on posting. I'm guessing you're new to this.

Create a "New topic" in the appropriate section (my suggestion would be the one with "drive train" in it). Use a Subject line that fits your questions. The Subject line here is "Late Model Isuzu FAQ" and that's not what you're asking about.

Jack

·
Registered
33 Posts
I tried to go to the link provided and I either get redirected to a bogus site asking me to turn on notifications, or to an empty website.

The notification I received is almost definitely a scam. It's almost impossible anyone would be able to tell if you've got a virus from a notification.

These kinds of scams are common.
If you want to know how they work, you can check out a youtube channel by the name Jim Browning.

Would it be possible to get this post deleted? Whatever information may have g been available previously is no longer there, and I think it would be best for the safety of the community to remove this post altogether.

PLEASE DO NOT CLICK THE LINK!!!

PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS!!!

THIS IS A SCAM!!!

Attachments

41 - 53 of 53 Posts