Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having an issue with my 1st Gen Trooper.

It's been lacking some serious power. Specially going up hills. It's always been slugish, but not so much as it's been lately. I checked the timing, and it's set at 12* so it's ok. Don't know what else to check. Any ideas?

Thanks guys! :)

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Have you changed the spark plugs lately??? My 91 amigo that I used to have with the 2.6 would loose power and performance when the plugs got old. I think the 2.6's are kinda hard on plugs anyway. Maybe a dirty air cleaner to???

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
fuel filter? Cat plugged?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Do you have any exhaust leaks?

When is the last time you adjusted your valves?

Joe

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

Plugs are new, just did a tune-up last week. fresh oil, new plugs, new dist cap, cleaned air filter (it's the one's you clean with water and oil, like a k&n)

The exhaust is pretty much new. not even a year on it. The cat is new too. But i might have to check that just in case. It's a magnalfow cat.

As for valves, last time they were checked, it was about 2 months back or so. Maybe a little more.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Compression check? Did your area just go from straight gas to E10? If so you WILL feel the difference.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm, good point. I'll have to check into that. And more now since i'm planning a long road trip :(

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Also have you checked the play of your timing belt those have the bolt you can loosen behind a rubber plug,if ya didn't know already

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
How long have you been running the cleanable air filter? There have been people that have over oiled their filters and gotten oil on the mass airflow sensor and caused similar problems.

Did you just recently oil your filter?

Joe

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bigpoppax2 said:
How long have you been running the cleanable air filter? There have been people that have over oiled their filters and gotten oil on the mass airflow sensor and caused similar problems.

Did you just recently oil your filter?

Joe
I oild it last month. I thought of that too, but i checked the MAF and it's clean :dontknow:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts