Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a replacement engine for my 1994 Isuzu Trooper, they sent me a 3.2 ltr Rodeo motor to swap in, swap went well, motor hooked up all well, drove for 600 miles then started to make a loud knocking noise at 1500-1700 rpms....seems to be coming from the lower pulley area in from of the crankshaft, like just behind the lower pulley near the oil pan area....oil levels are full, have been running same oil and filter always, can't figure it out for the life of me, could anyone help me out!?? I have no clue!!

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Yea the tensioner is notoriously mistaken for an internal knock. If you're ever looking to buy a cheap isuzu look for one with a 3.2L that 'knocks'... Chances are it's healthy w/bad tensioner lol.

~psguardian

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I replaced the tensioner, now I'm getting the timing right, any links on a possible tutorial on how to get the timing right? 1994 Trooper body with 3.2 ltr Rodeo replacement motor.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Are the coil packs in front (sohc) or back (dohc)?

I'm sure that makes a difference, I just haven't had to do it myself.

~psguardian

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they are in the front, sohc....I just need to know how to line the timing up, and what marks to look for, again thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts