Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me, if either nock or pinging, would only happen when the truck is under load? Cause I still havent located the rattle, But it is getting louder. And becoming more frequent. I initially thought it was the fan shroud. But that aint it. I made sure it was together correctly... I also thought of the small nut that sits under the EGR. Tried tightening it, and it wont budge, so Im sure that aint it. I spun the pulleys a little that the accessory belt was on, and nada.... Im truly stumped over this one. BTW the fuel filter was replaced. And Ive run good gas for about 200 miles or so, and still hearing it.
Heres a description.
I start out, And from 1st to 2nd, no rattle. From 2nd to 3rd I hear it, and from 3rd to 4th, I hear it a little more. Then I dont hear it. And I also dont hear it when I punch it. Just when im taking off.... Aint that strange?
Someone have the same or similar experience?
The best I can describe it, is like a pully, or a chain skipping teeth.
Whats this I read about valve clearance? Could that be it?>

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okie Dokie, I put some really good gas in her, and the nock and ping is almost gone. Did a little octane boost and that seemed to quiet her down. Am I having problems because of valve clearance?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.