Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have mold in your interior you can use Hi-Yield® Consan 20 to get rid of it. You can find it at the hardware store in the plant care section. It cantains benzo alkonium chloride. It's the stuff in hand sanitizers. It will not bleach your fabric. I used it in the rinse water when I steam cleaned my interior and then used a paint gun to fog the whole interior. I let it sit for an hour and then let it dry out in the sun. It leaves a little residue so the mold will not come back for several years. Don't breath any of the mist. Lable says you can use it in your laundary so It should be safe to use in your car.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Turkey said:
If you have mold in your interior you can use Hi-Yield® Consan 20 to get rid of it. You can find it at the hardware store in the plant care section. It cantains benzo alkonium chloride. It's the stuff in hand sanitizers. It will not bleach your fabric. I used it in the rinse water when I steam cleaned my interior and then used a paint gun to fog the whole interior. I let it sit for an hour and then let it dry out in the sun. It leaves a little residue so the mold will not come back for several years. Don't breath any of the mist. Lable says you can use it in your laundary so It should be safe to use in your car.
Or you can go to the grocery store and get the lemon in a bottle. Does the same thing, probably a lot cheaper too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean lemon juice? I suppose citric acid would kill mold. However, I bet a gallon or two of lemon juice is pretty expensive. Remember, you are soaking your whole car with it. Also, what about all the sugar? I suppose if you are looking for some food item to solve the problem you could try vinigar (acetic acid). I have and it works but not nearly as well as this stuff. I think a 6oz bottle cost me $10.00. You mix like one teaspoon per gallon. I think you can also buy it in the pool section as an algecide. Do not buy it as an antiseptic at the pharmacy. It will cost a fortune.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Turkey said:
Do you mean lemon juice? I suppose citric acid would kill mold. However, I bet a gallon or two of lemon juice is pretty expensive. Remember, you are soaking your whole car with it. Also, what about all the sugar? I suppose if you are looking for some food item to solve the problem you could try vinigar (acetic acid). I have and it works but not nearly as well as this stuff. I think a 6oz bottle cost me $10.00. You mix like one teaspoon per gallon. I think you can also buy it in the pool section as an algecide. Do not buy it as an antiseptic at the pharmacy. It will cost a fortune.
at 1-2$ a litre, mix it 50/50 with water, and spray the interior ( or whatever), its not expensive at all. We use it at my aunts boat business to clean out boats/pontoons of mold prior to making new boat tops.

When its on sale, we use name brand Realemon

otherwise we use the no name brand. Basically the same thing. The no name brand probably has some awesome radioactive materials from japan.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I should have been more specific about when to use the Consan 20. It's when the mold in your car scares you so bad you don't want to get in.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Turkey said:
I guess I should have been more specific about when to use the Consan 20. It's when the mold in your car scares you so bad you don't want to get in.
If its that bad, it may be difficult to apply. lol. but yeah. We apply the solution with spray bottles, let it sit, then use a power washer and a 30 litre shop vac to clean up. Im sure your product is just as good though :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Turkey said:
If you have mold in your interior you can use Hi-Yield® Consan 20 to get rid of it. You can find it at the hardware store in the plant care section. It cantains benzo alkonium chloride. It's the stuff in hand sanitizers.
<snip>.
umm...the active ingredient in most common hand sanitizers is Ethyl Alcohol. But I hear this benzoalkonium is good for herpes. :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have used just about everything including ethyl acohol (lysol spray, denatured alcohol) and many others. The real beauty of the stuff I'm talking about is that it prevents regrowth for as long as two years. Even if your truck is not exaclty dry all the time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AudioRedneck said:
Turkey said:
If you have mold in your interior you can use Hi-Yield® Consan 20 to get rid of it. You can find it at the hardware store in the plant care section. It cantains benzo alkonium chloride. It's the stuff in hand sanitizers.
<snip>.
umm...the active ingredient in most common hand sanitizers is Ethyl Alcohol. But I hear this benzoalkonium is good for herpes. :D
That's one thing I haven't checked maybe Rosey just has a bad case of Herpies. No telling who had been with her before me. I had better spray her again.....and get checked myself. That Bitch!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Turkey said:
AudioRedneck said:
Turkey said:
<snip>.
That's one thing I haven't checked maybe Rosey just has a bad case of Herpies. No telling who had been with her before me. I had better spray her again.....and get checked myself. That Bitch!
:lol: Just don't us an Consan 20 on YOU (without a Rx :wink: ).

And for the record, I believe you when you say it works - it's a fungicide after all. But Rosey must have had a bad case of herpies..err..mold for something that strong. Did she go through the Nashville flood by chance?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.