Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, its time for a brake pad change.....

but i have 1 problem. I bought my 99 isuzu rodeo used and i cant seem to find the key to get the lugnuts off. Anybody know if its hidden somewhere or am i just out of luck?

any help would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Check in the left rear compartment with the jack..it might be tucked away in there. That's where I keep mine.

Otherwise, I got nothin...

·
Registered
45 Posts
If its an Isuzu key kit you might try the dealer to see if they have a couple of keys laying around. There were only three or four different keys for the kits they sell at Isuzu. I've had three Troopers and two of them used the same key. When I lost the key to one I bought a new kit at Isuzu and planned to break the old locks, but the key from the new kit fit so I just left them on. At least they keep your wheels from falling off.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Worst comes to worst, just take a cheap socket that just barely won't fit over the lock. Then use an impact to get it off. then take a piece of metal and beat the nut out of the socket. Repeat three more times.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, but yeah i had some buddies at the local shop just beat the things off and put new "non-keyed" lug nuts on. The dealership is about 30-40 miles away and is just a hassle for something small like that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.